Factory Entertainment Agent Sidearm replica (J2 or J gun))

Hmm. The pictures for the Elite Edition have been taken down. Possible picture update soon? MORE INFO??[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. Doesn't look like that on my end... could it be a browser issue? Everything still looks the same as it was before on my end as far as I can tell.

Pretty sure Rick said several times they were machined aluminum that was highly polished. Then of course they did the old hairspray routine to cut back on the shine when they went behind cameras.

You are correct Rusty. He has a pic on his site that you can see them in all their glory before the dulling. It was the Pulsar and Tribarrel that were not metal. They had a zinc coating on the outside and poured urethane on the inside. Before you ask, yes i have been working on the pulsar! Got to make some aluminum thread spacers for it this weekend. Tri barrel sits for now because i want to get aluminum barrels made for it.

I introduced SD Studios to Rick Gamez, who made the original J2. Steve noted at that time:
"The original was completely custom made, not based on any actual gun. It is cast in aluminum with a few machined metal details. The aluminum castings were polished...NOT chrome plated. (everyone gets that wrong). The hero had flash paper in the nozzle that ignited with an electric primer. The two LEDs on the side and one LED in the upper sight light up when the rear lever switch is depressed. The grips are custom-made and cast in black resin."

Rick did offer a run here on the board but noted later that his J2's were cast in resin and then painted, not chromed. His run here on the board was done in the same manner he produced for the movie. It did have some machined parts but was not an all metal body.

MiB pic from Rick's site:
standard%20issue.jpg

The guns for MiiB were milled out in metal:
RCP%20PROPS%20172.jpg

MVC-014F.JPG

Last edited:
I introduced SD Studios to Rick Gamez, who made the original J2. Steve noted at that time

No offense but we've been through all this info already. Thanks though!

Just realized I sounded like a jerk, sorry!

Last edited:
You are correct Rusty. He has a pic on his site that you can see them in all their glory before the dulling. It was the Pulsar and Tribarrel that were not metal. They had a zinc coating on the outside and poured urethane on the inside. Before you ask, yes i have been working on the pulsar! Got to make some aluminum thread spacers for it this weekend. Tri barrel sits for now because i want to get aluminum barrels made for it.

Can't wait to see your progess Glen, you've done a fantastic job so far.

I wonder if anyone ordered both. I'm curious to see the two versions next to each other and if the double chrome plating will soften some of the details/edges on the gun.

I've got a Chrome plated J2 already so I'll compare it with the Elite Edition when I get mine. Its not Factory Entertainment's limited edition, but its still a chrome J2 so it should be interesting none the less.

I pre-ordered both :)
was hoping to get some info on the extras soon.
anyone hear anything or we still hoping its a signature plaque?

cool , as we get closer it worries me a little not knowing what is in the goodie bag . I assume its why most of us jumped on it lol. Though it does look a little more custom made with the 2 tone outer shell .

It wont be two tone. The whole body will have the same finish.

No need to worry, all evidence points to signatures.

Oh ok I assumed that from the pictures the tip looked chromed and some other sections looked scuffed a bit . Thanks for the info.

Nope, the two guns will look very similar. They will both be completely polished but the EE will degrade a little over time giving it that dull look some folks were looking for.

I, for one, ordered the EE just because it might be a signature edition. I mean really, what else could be worth $150?

Good question I have been trying to figure that out . The only thing is wouldn't they have done the signature stuff a while ago once they had these rolling? Just seems to be cutting it close if they are truly waiting on sigs. Maybe it will be a little miniature alien or something? or a detailed MIB file with tons of information pictures etc?

Good question I have been trying to figure that out . The only thing is wouldn't they have done the signature stuff a while ago once they had these rolling? Just seems to be cutting it close if they are truly waiting on sigs. Maybe it will be a little miniature alien or something? or a detailed MIB file with tons of information pictures etc?

I highly doubt those two things.

Perhaps the signatures are taking a little while but are expected (hence the two editions and the wait).

every time i see this thread pop to the top, i think, cool some news about the EE extras. but no. guess im just starting to worry a little about the money we are paying. although im sure it will be worth it!

I ordered the EE for the finish. You guys that ordered it for something never promissed may be disappointed by not getting the finish you wanted and not getting what you think they are offering. To me if its sigs, great, but if it is something else that is worth $150 then i am cool with that too. I wanted the finish and the low edition number is worth something too. I hope it is sigs too but i am not holding my breath, just getting the proper screen accurate finish i want is worth big to me.

i did order for the finish myself, the extras are just that for me, extras. doesnt really bother me what they are.
for me im same as you low edition numbers etc.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back