Can anyone explain this to me are these a holy grail of replicas ?

They can ASK whatever they want. What they GET is a whole other matter. I have to constantly explain this to people. See, I own a toy store. We buy, sell and trade. I have people all the time coming in wanting to get insane prices on their collectibles. Take this guy last weekend. He came with a particular Hot Toy. It was not new but it was complete with packaging. He wanted $400.00 for it. I asked him how he came up with that price. He said he looked it up on eBay. Great! Let's take a look together, shall we?
He (naturally) pulled up ongoing auctions. Sure. They were ASKING for 400.00 but none sold at that price. So I showed him "completed auctions" and showed him the ones in green. Those are the ones that actually sold. THAT is their current value. It sold for 150.00. the guy was crushed. Then he said, "Fine. I'll take 150.00." Hang on, boss. Then I can't make any money. Why would I buy it for 150.00 when all it's worth is 150.00? The best I can offer is 75.00 and hope I get 150.00 for it EVENTAUALLY. The guy called me a pirate, flipped me off then stormed out. I cheerfully said, "Have a nice day!"

They can ASK whatever they want. What they GET is a whole other matter. I have to constantly explain this to people. See, I own a toy store. We buy, sell and trade. I have people all the time coming in wanting to get insane prices on their collectibles. Take this guy last weekend. He came with a particular Hot Toy. It was not new but it was complete with packaging. He wanted $400.00 for it. I asked him how he came up with that price. He said he looked it up on eBay. Great! Let's take a look together, shall we?
He (naturally) pulled up ongoing auctions. Sure. They were ASKING for 400.00 but none sold at that price. So I showed him "completed auctions" and showed him the ones in green. Those are the ones that actually sold. THAT is their current value. It sold for 150.00. the guy was crushed. Then he said, "Fine. I'll take 150.00." Hang on, boss. Then I can't make any money. Why would I buy it for 150.00 when all it's worth is 150.00? The best I can offer is 75.00 and hope I get 150.00 for it EVENTAUALLY. The guy called me a pirate, flipped me off then stormed out. I cheerfully said, "Have a nice day!"
You're like Rick from Pawn Stars!.. :lol: People never seem to understand that he/you DO take all the risk, he does sit on items and yes, he's running a business to make money. Of course anyone who trades can't offer the full value of the item if they're looking to resell it.

But damn... If those Blade props do sell, I'll take them off my wall in a heartbeat.

They are listed for 100k they have been opened. I can't imagine the price if new in the box !!!
Just throwing dynamite in the lake to see what offers float up.

Factory X pieces are really cool but they're more nostalgia driven these days.

You're like Rick from Pawn Stars!.. :lol: People never seem to understand that he/you DO take all the risk, he does sit on items and yes, he's running a business to make money. Of course anyone who trades can't offer the full value of the item if they're looking to resell it.

But damn... If those Blade props do sell, I'll take them off my wall in a heartbeat.
Thank you! YOU get it! I often tell people to take their item to eBay. that way they can get the maximum value. They are looking to sell it to an end user. I'm just the middle man. I'm running a business, not a museum. You would be shocked, SHOCKED by how many people will take me up on my offer. Most just need money TODAY!

Early retirement Baby we did it lol

Thank you! YOU get it! I often tell people to take their item to eBay. that way they can get the maximum value. They are looking to sell it to an end user. I'm just the middle man. I'm running a business, not a museum. You would be shocked, SHOCKED by how many people will take me up on my offer. Most just need money TODAY!
Just throwing dynamite in the lake to see what offers float up.

Factory X pieces are really cool but they're more nostalgia driven these days.
Thats more like detonating a Nuclear weapon ! Lol

It amazes me how people do not understand how selling to the middle man actually works. :rolleyes:

When I go in to sell something at a toy shop, I do my due diligence first. I print out the sold auctions, I walk in, present my item, present the print outs showing the going value, and I then tell them I know they need to make a profit, so I ask them to pay 60% of the current market value. Sometimes them to come back with a 50% offer, but more often than not, they agree on the 60%. They tell me they appreciate me not wasting their time asking for too much money, so they will kick in the few extra bucks.

I honestly wish more people would understand that as well as you. If more people came in as prepared as you, I too would gladly pay you your 60%!
One of the subject that should be taught at school is Economics 101:rolleyes: That would educate people on how the system works!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back