How Accurate are these Regal Robot Holy Grails ?

Not an expert on these but they claim it’s scanned off the “Original “ prop . Any thoughts on if it looks super accurate and well made?
Take all this with a huge grain of salt. I recently built a grail prop. I did lots of research, but I’m not an expert either. Like most props, there isn’t one correct version. I’m not even convinced that there was one hero. The props used in the film seem to fall into two broad categories (visually): Reddish with gold splotches and more detailed hero versions. I made mine as a sort of “idealized” blend. In any case, the grail should appear to be made of clay painted with bole & failing gold leaf. There is also usually a wash or dry brushed looking layer of light dirt/sand/wear. If the one they are selling fits that description & is roughly the right shape—there was probably a screen used version that looks about like it. As far as the shape is concerned, I found measurements online that seemed too tall, someone here showed me pictures of a “real” grail next to a ruler. That one is slightly shorter with a wider cup than I expected. I used those measurements & the resulting grail looks good in my hand. Finally, some production grails look smooth while others have surface details. I assume this is down to stunt grails being cast from a hero version.

Last edited:
IMG_0048.jpeg
IMG_0047.jpeg

So yeah, I got the grail from RestauraJones and it’s hands down, substantially better in every way than the RR. The weight alone, makes the RR one feel cheap. The paint job and the gold leaf especially just pops more than the RR. The inside of it absolutely glows like the one in the movie. I just can’t say enough about the RestauraJones one. A better product for a quarter of the price.

View attachment 1773953View attachment 1773954
So yeah, I got the grail from RestauraJones and it’s hands down, substantially better in every way than the RR. The weight alone, makes the RR one feel cheap. The paint job and the gold leaf especially just pops more than the RR. The inside of it absolutely glows like the one in the movie. I just can’t say enough about the RestauraJones one. A better product for a quarter of the price.
The RestauraJones looks significantly better here. Another point towards the RJ trail is it being hand spun clay instead of cast resin, so it's the real deal.

I have one and my only complaint is how "RJ" is carved on the bottom of it. Really not a fan of that detail. I'm filing it in with epoxy.

An artist signing his work in a little-seen area doesn't bother me. But, of course, you can remove it.
One thing I like about unlicensed props over licensed is specifically not having any visible branding or copyright info on them.

But yeah, it wasn't too much trouble filling it with epoxy putty then sanding it down smooth. I just need to find some terracotta colored paint.

IMG_20240211_182153.jpg

One thing I like about unlicensed props over licensed is specifically not having any visible branding or copyright info on them.

But yeah, it wasn't too much trouble filling it with epoxy putty then sanding it down smooth. I just need to find some terracotta colored paint.

View attachment 1788796
I Always felt you should be given the option to have to signed or not .

Just thought I would share that I recently added myself to the RR wait list for one of their grails (thinking there was no chance they would contact me - I mean, these are supposed to be sold out, right?), but yesterday I got an email that one was available if I was interested. If anyone is still looking for one, it seems you might have a shot using their wait list.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back