How Accurate are these Regal Robot Holy Grails ?

Way less and way better to get Restauajones Grail.
Send him a pm and he'll get one out to you.
image.jpg

I pulled the trigger and purchased a Regal Robot last night... I'll post some comparison pics with my Restaurajones and Magnoli versions when I get it.

I was doing some more detailed analysis before buying it and I do think the Regal Robot is probably more accurate to the hero prop than other versions out there. I would have rather have it made of clay though but It'd be less accurate to the prop I guess.

Thanks for your kind words, guys. The shape of my grails is base on one of the grails seen on the screen, exactly the one that Indy takes to his father to heal him. It´s important to make it looks real and always searching and reflecting details that you saw on the film. Anyway Regal robot grail is a fantastic grail, great shape that match original hero prop from the Altar scene with the other false grails and lucasfilm archive book. Many of these Disney products are scanned from original with some modifications

1687907267438.jpeg

grails.jpg

Indiana.Jones.La.Ultima.Cruzada.[HD_1080p]_[DUAL.AC3]_[HAGBARD][(163701)22-57-56].jpg

uksummit20040504yw.jpg

grial1.jpg

lucasgrail.jpg

some examples of different grails, all original. The last is the one in Skywalker Ranch together the pic with Indy holding the grail with Elsa

Last edited:
Curious as well glad someone got this thread going. I read that it was scanned, so I'm more curious which prop was the source of their scan? There was also a review vid done, Its weird being there looks to be a mold defect in the interior of the grail itself? This is number 7 from the production line so its def on the upper end of what I imagine the end product will be.

Regal Robot founder Tom Spina (who is a long time RPF member, for those who may not know) outlined exactly what the process was for the creation of this replica in a podcast he recently guested on. They laser scanned 4 of the grail cups that are in the archives and photo documented them all for the best possible reference, then set about nailing down which of the 4 was the actual "hero" cup and used that one to produce these replicas. The form (and any perceived "flaws") is true to the original prop, so it's not going to get any better than this...

Regal Robot founder Tom Spina (who is a long time RPF member, for those who may not know) outlined exactly what the process was for the creation of this replica in a podcast he recently guested on. They laser scanned 4 of the grail cups that are in the archives and photo documented them all for the best possible reference, then set about nailing down which of the 4 was the actual "hero" cup and used that one to produce these replicas. The form (and any perceived "flaws") is true to the original prop, so it's not going to get any better than this...

Really cool thanks for sharing this. Getting more and more excited about picking one up to be honest!

Notice that some of the replicas have exaggerated "lift lines" especially Adam Savage's. The ones used in the shot seen below do have visible lift lines but they're more subtle.

Another thing, is some of the replicas and some of the purported originals have too much grey "dust" (or whatever it's supposed to be).

Note here that the one used in this shot has almost the whole area towards the camera free of the grey "dust". You're mostly seeing the Terracotta base and gold leaf.

For my eye the closest "display" Grail to the screen shots is the one lower right, posted by RestauraJones. (I don't know its provenance.)

Note that these screen shots and those two displayed Grails all share the continent-like shapes of the gold leaf (peninsulas and the like) unlike most of the replicas.

mElctJ4.jpg

Last edited:

Well I guess if you don't mind paying the price tag . Some collectors have a budget though . I have always felt personally his items are a bit over priced IMO . I have always got the vibe if you have to ask about the price you cant afford it and they don't want your business .

I like to reproduce that gold paterns

View attachment 1714189
Awesome man !!!!!!! You got my money. Where did you get that statue ?

Restaurajones is also a "long time RPF member " to who joined in 2009 not sure if you are aware ?

Last edited:
Seems like a great piece and fair price for a replica derived directly from a scan of a real one. I'm sure the others available are very nice if lineage is no concern and budget is.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back