How Accurate are these Regal Robot Holy Grails ?

Well I guess if you don't mind paying the price tag . Some collectors have a budget though . I have always felt personally his items are a bit over priced IMO . I have always got the vibe if you have to ask about the price you cant afford it and they don't want your business .

Awesome man !!!!!!! You got my money. Where did you get that statue ?

Restaurajones is also a "long time RPF member " to who joined in 2009 not sure if you are aware ?

……FYI , Tom Spina used to OWN the RPF and is a longtime member as well.

Toms work is impeccable and with out question, He has saved many Screen used pieces from oblivion.

Restaurajones does offer some nice things as well

Always great to have choices in this Hobby

Looks like I may have another Grail to put next to my Stunt

Toms work is impeccable and with out question, He has saved many Screen used pieces from oblivion.

What is with the Hostility ? :lol: Ok and ?:lol: Love this "Ignore" feature :lol:

There were around 20 original grails, if I remember correctly. I think 12 were hand-thrown ceramic (so they varied slightly in size and shape, and used as hero props) and then eight resin ones were cast from one of those (and used for various stunt work). We were able to borrow a second-generation casting, from which we made our own mold can cast ceramic replicas. Here's one of mine (with the heavily dusted finish as seen in the "rolling around the ground" scene):

AYnYxdjl.jpg

And here I waited unsuccessfully for Indy Magnoli to join the convo just so I could say the line "Indiana, Let it go." and, of course, offer this video with special "Let it go" themed ending.

Edit: Wow, great timing Indy Magnoli. I hit submit and pop, you were there.

There were around 20 original grails, if I remember correctly. I think 12 were hand-thrown ceramic (so they varied slightly in size and shape, and used as hero props) and then eight resin ones were cast from one of those (and used for various stunt work). We were able to borrow a second-generation casting, from which we made our own mold can cast ceramic replicas. Here's one of mine (with the heavily dusted finish as seen in the "rolling around the ground" scene):

View attachment 1714384
That is a real beauty

View attachment 1714384
Love that finish!

I got this casting… did the gold leaf… I like it overall (not sure what the casting is from)

Any tips from people to get a better look to the “grey dust… mud” look?

I sprayed with hair spray and used some of the earth powder… but doesn’t really look right to me…

Suggestions welcome and appreciated!

image.jpg

I have an unfinished resin-cast grail that I got 10 years ago. Getting the itch to work on it now. What does anyone recommend for the outside gold finish? Still gold leaf and try to abrade the edges? Gold paint? Rub n Buff? Thanks.

Received my Grail replica from Regal Robot earlier this week and thought I would post a few pics next to my RestauraJones and Indy Magnoli versions.. all 3 are great replicas, they all have pros and cons and slightly different details and paint jobs etc. The regal robot is a little taller, the other 2 are heavier and the paint jobs are great on all 3 albeit with different approaches.. can't decide which one to let go if any now. But hard to justify keeping all 3 of them!

Attachments

• PXL_20231017_172346688.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20231017_172346688.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 172
  • PXL_20231017_172439919.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20231017_172439919.PORTRAIT.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 151
  • PXL_20231017_172501345.MP.jpg
    PXL_20231017_172501345.MP.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 150
  • PXL_20231017_172516020.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20231017_172516020.PORTRAIT.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 131
  • PXL_20231017_172539873.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20231017_172539873.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 124
  • PXL_20231017_172547395.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20231017_172547395.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 120
  • PXL_20231017_172557736.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20231017_172557736.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 115
  • PXL_20231017_172620342.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20231017_172620342.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 161
Received my Grail replica from Regal Robot earlier this week and thought I would post a few pics next to my RestauraJones and Indy Magnoli versions.. all 3 are great replicas, they all have pros and cons and slightly different details and paint jobs etc. The regal robot is a little taller, the other 2 are heavier and the paint jobs are great on all 3 albeit with different approaches.. can't decide which one to let go if any now. But hard to justify keeping all 3 of them!
Hello there. I've always been very happy with my grail from FanbiltProps on Etsy.

1701112781213.png

That said, I know the shape on it is not quite right (namely the width of the opening and width of the base). I do love its paint job though. So the new Regal Robot one has me intrigued and I’d been considering upgrading. I'm curious as to whether you were able to make a determination on its accuracy. From looking at your pics, the Regal Robot looks to me to be the closest (and pretty much spot on) in terms of size and shape, when comparing it to the pic of the purported hero in the LF prop book and the best screencaps I’ve been able to grab (all posted below). Even the horizontal groove lines on the RR one, which I didn’t know were there until I started looking at screencaps, appear correct to me based on the screencaps. Curious to hear what everyone else thinks.
1701112893779.jpeg

IMG_6005.jpeg
IMG_6007.jpeg
IMG_6003.jpeg
IMG_6001.jpeg
IMG_5998.jpeg
IMG_5997.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back