Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

that website is hilarious, I've been giggling like an idiot for half an hour now, especially the one with Olsen involved !

And Jet Beetles, I know it's not polite to refuse a dance, but I'll pass this one, thank you.

jeez, I didn't say all 80's movies are comedies, I said Superman was not supposed to be a comedy. And I do think the world, or at least the people were a bit more lighthearted in the last decade or two, hence the "how the world is now". The 80's movies and up to about 00' showed this lightheartedness more, that's all. It may be my fault for not expressing myself clearly enough though.
Belgium must be a dark, somber place. Here on the rest of planet Earth - thing's are relatively the same; I mean you've got (arguably) four kids movies in the top grossing movies so far this year (Despicable Me, Oz, Croods, Monsters U) - add a Star Trek Movie, Iron Man 3 and a very dark Superman flick and well, thing's aren't really all that depressed (although yes - IM3 was bit more serious but, it still had a lot of fun in it - MoS was just bleak).

If you want we can add television and note the Big Bang Theory is still the #3 most watched show in the US - only behind NCIS and the depressing Sunday Night Football... and followed by a whole lot of reality TV. Of course, TV is a whole different animal now than in the knee-slapping, funny as all get out 80s - cable is much more prevalent and there's an abundance of programming from new stations and alternate sources. Of course with shows like Arrested Development getting Emmy nods - well, it's just not that funny of a world anymore.

I grew up in the 80s... I'm obviously much older and have seen thing's changed. Yes, thing's have changed - but, your perception changes as well. The way you see things changes as you get older - you take thing's more seriously... therefore thing's might seem less comedic to you. The truth is you see thing's differently and should be a little more aware of that.

I very much doubt that ;) but then again this isnt what this thread is about :D
I hope it isn't - I mean, I live in Detroit. Bankruptcy, murder capital, arson fires, doom and gloom as far as the eye can see... and I don't see the world being any darker than the 80s!! :D

Now you're just being stupid on purpose ... right? First - how can Batman hide the planet Krypton? Like behind his back?

Ring or no ring - mix in superhearing, heat vision, telescopic vision and the outcome is the same. Is English your first or fifth language?

I'm done with this - I wanna talk about the darkness of. MOS.

I wasnt solely refering to returns. I was refering to every time lex has done it in the multiple ways that he has. Does superman not have superhearing heat visio and telescopic vision with lex. See if I can spell it out for you. Lex is human just like bruce wayne. So it could be done. Stop honing in on specific examples. It doesnt stop the fact that its possible.

But here it is for you..... batman HAS already beaten him. Or do you know more then the writers? Have you ever done more then watch cartoons or movies and read comics? Im no hardcore reader but comic movies are based on comics. So if its happened in those it can sure as hell happen in the movies.

Go look up the dark knight returns... or hush (where he used a ...wait for it.... kryptonite ring!).... or tower in babel where batman stops beserk superman.

Im glad your out. I dont have to waste my time talking to a childlike human who struggles with the neccessary reading skills to take part in debate without getting his club out.

If Batman was going to fight Superman, at least be creative. Stab him with a knife?

Why not have Waynetech Satellites positioned around the earth to emit red sun radiation to weaken him or something?

Not that they should even be fighting in the first place.

It was ment to prove a point lol. I wasnt putting forward my desired plot line for the next film :D

Superheros should fight. I think to an extent. Not to the death. But the avengers had it perfect...

...so who do you want to see play Batman?

Kev... im not too sure to be honest.

I dont think id like JGL as batman. He would have actually made a good robin I think. If robin was actually good in a movie.....

I just cant see batman without bale at the moment. I know people didnt like him but I thought he was near perfect. I didnt even mind the voice...

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

J

Last edited:
I wasnt solely refering to returns. I was refering to every time lex has done it in the multiple ways that he has. Does superman not have superhearing heat visio and telescopic vision with lex. See if I can spell it out for you. Lex is human just like bruce wayne. So it could be done. Stop honing in on specific examples. It doesnt stop the fact that its possible.

But here it is for you..... batman HAS already beaten him. Or do you know more then the writers? Have you ever done more then watch cartoons or movies and read comics? Im no hardcore reader but comic movies are based on comics. So if its happened in those it can sure as hell happen in the movies.

Go look up the dark knight returns... or hush (where he used a ...wait for it.... kryptonite ring!).... or tower in babel where batman stops beserk superman.

Im glad your out. I dont have to waste my time talking to a childlike human who struggles with the neccessary reading skills to take part in debate without getting his club out.

It was ment to prove a point lol. I wasnt putting forward my desired plot line for the next film :D

Superheros should fight. I think to an extent. Not to the death. But the avengers had it perfect...

J

In Dark Knight Bats had help from Green Arrow - or did you
not read that part and just look at the pictures?

And considering I now WORK for DC - you'll read what I decide.

And cool it with the name calling - you must know it shows frustration and that you see the validity of my point.

And just one more time - Lex is a genius - Bats is a detective. Impossible. Now go punch your bedroom pillows and pretend they are me - stare in the mirror and frown while delivering tough guy lines - it'll ease your frustration as I'm sure it has so many times before.

In Dark Knight Bats had help from Green Arrow - or did you
not read that part and just look at the pictures?

And considering I now WORK for DC - you'll read what I decide.

And cool it with the name calling - you must know it shows frustration and that you see the validity of my point.

And just one more time - Lex is a genius - Bats is a detective. Impossible. Now go punch your bedroom pillows and pretend they are me - stare in the mirror and frown while delivering tough guy lines - it'll ease your frustration as I'm sure it has so many times before.

Hilarious... so you chose one of the three examples and left the other two perfectly valid. I did read it. And he got the kryptonite arrow from him yes. But he still beat him.

So go on then. Explain the other two....

You work for DC? Are you a writer? Did you go back in time and write the stories I referenced from the past? Are you writing the movie? I feel sorry for DC. And I doubt youre the sole decision on what the content is. What a petty comment.

My frustration is not with your validity. Its with your ignorance.

You asked for the insult when you decided to display troll like behaviour.

Com on dude seriously... your clutching at straws ... ill even give you the green arrow 1. What about the other two? Why do you only respond to the weaker even though still valid points and chose to ignore the rest? Pretty sure most people can see what your doing here....

I wasnt saying that batman is a genius. I was trying to show that the reasons you gave for bats not beating supes was that basically supes could use xray vision etc to see it. But he also has them things with lex. Regardless how smart they are. Lex and bruce are both human. One doesnt have mental powers that stops supes being able to see whats happening.

Edit.
Just read the bit where ill read what you decide hilarious that the fate of all DC comic releases lies with one guy. Even though that point was pointless....

J

Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif

im looking forward to this being made....hopefully they can find the perfect actor to play batman which will be difficult...

several actors that crossed my mind are karl urban (dredd), sam worthington (man on the ledge), taylor kitsch (john carter), armie hammer (the lone ranger), nikolaj coster-waldau (black hawk down),

i just hope and pray it wont be bradley cooper or jake gyllenhall....

kinda disappointed to see goyer will be writing it....i think he needs to step away from the batman and superman universe.....

and Batman vs Superman is inevitable....it does sound like it will be difficult to portray it in the film....i just hope batman doesnt use some type of iron man suit to fight superman or some other ridiculous non sense.....

batman_vs_superman_by_maybetoby-d2ybgrn_zpsa19ca2cd.jpg

Last edited:
Which would win: Death Star or Borg Cube?

ROUND 1: FIGHT!!!!

Um... Depends on how many Borg cubes are in the fight. If just one, Cube is toast. If three or more; the Death Star is toast. (It can adapt after the two are destroyed.) But that is just my opinion.

About the original topic: I want to see the movie, and I also thought MOS was pretty good.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back