Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

And I think that you have such misconstrued hatred for the movie that you keep clinging to "dark". See what people seem to forget is that this is never meant to be the superman that we all know from the last 75 years. And that where people are getting hung up on the bright blue boy scout stuff.

It is dark. I suggest you go take a cinematography class in college or something because reading your posts and from my experience, to me,you have no clue what you are talking about. I'll give you an example. MOS is to Burton's 1st Batman as Donner's Superman is to Batman Forever. It was the tones...Also the way it was shot as well. And I for one do hate the MOS movie, not because that I have a thing for Reeve, but because it wasn't a Superman movie for me. Nothing about Cavill was anything remotely Superman-ish to me, I even thought Superman Returns was better. IF they do this movie, I better not be shot with the tone the MOS had or it will do bad. And bad to me for a movie of this caliber is 600 mil, I think it should've done just as good as the Avengers IMHO.

Again jet your making statements with no example or explination.

An argument put fourth that the only feasable way batman could beat supes was with kryptonite..... which was usually the arc. Didnt batman have a kryptonite ring? That supes had to accept as his protection? Im a little rusty. But basically I was saying however unlikely. .. it COULD be done. And your refusal to believe it contradicted with your acceptance that lex luther could.
Hows that beginning with babble.

I love your last sentence. Its the bait that trolls love to use the most. And yes I bit. But the trolls will go fishin..

J

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Alright - look have you ever seen one man disarm another man wielding a knife? Yes? Okay. Now give the guy without the knife super speed - say, faster than a speeding bullet - Got that? You with me? I say it would be impossible for the normal guy with a knife to even get close to stabbing the guy who is faster than a speeding bullet. So there - I dumbed it down for you and pretty much gave you solid reasoning. And erased your point of never being wrong. I am the only one who is never wrong.

It is dark. I suggest you go take a cinematography class in college or something because reading your posts and from my experience, to me,you have no clue what you are talking about. I'll give you an example. MOS is to Burton's 1st Batman as Donner's Superman is to Batman Forever. It was the tones...Also the way it was shot as well. And I for one do hate the MOS movie, not because that I have a thing for Reeve, but because it wasn't a Superman movie for me. Nothing about Cavill was anything remotely Superman-ish to me, I even thought Superman Returns was better. IF they do this movie, I better not be shot with the tone the MOS had or it will do bad. And bad to me for a movie of this caliber is 600 mil, I think it should've done just as good as the Avengers IMHO.

And your entitled to your honest opinion, but that doesnt make it fact. As far as using the old "go to school" bit, classy. Not everyone has to be some sort of film major to know what is what. If you are so good at what you do and know it all when it comes to cinematography then you go make a superman movie. See I can do childish retorts as well.

Whether or not a movie is "Dark" is all open to intepretation by the viewer. To me and a bunch of others that have posted the movie isnt dark. Then you have people saying that this wasnt superman, your right it wasnt the superman we have all come to know. This was the equivalent of 1938 superman, learning on the job.

With that being said I dont intend to bicker back and forth with a bunch of peoples opinions, its your right to one and my right to mine and thats that. But anytime you can triple (and still going) your production budget in less than a month is a success. Yes there have been others that are more successful, but it cannot be called a failure simply because you refuse to accept that the box office is what it is.

Bad is under 600M???

Only a handful of movies in history - if that many - made as much as the Avengers. Comparing it to that is like saying if your car doesn't have an MSRP of 200k + it's bad.

If a movie costs 200M to make, and does a worldwide in excess of 350M, odds are there'll be a sequel.

600M is a major win

1B is rarified air.

Well, what you're saying may be true for a few individuals, but it sure as hell isn't why MOS made over 600M. I pretty sure people liked the movie for what they saw, not because they were "missing" superman on big screen... All this darkness you people see on this movie, I see it more as seriousness more than darkness. It's not the 80's anymore and it's not supposed to be a comedy movie neither, but I don't disagree that it's not a cheerful movie. It reflects how the world is now, i.e. not really funny...
You can have seriousness without being dark... this movie is merely mimicking the fad of Nolan Bat-films, it's going for darkness without a "style." Darker does not mean it's more "serious" or more "real."

I'm not sure anyone needed a date-check nor what the 80's reference means. The movie is definitely not a comedy, kid-friendly or made an attempt to remain true to the character.

Umm... maybe you're not too familiar with the 80s - or other eras. The world's been plenty serious throughout time (i.e. not really funny) - but perhaps World Wars, Korea/Vietnam, Cuban Missile Crisis, assassinated (and attempted assassinations of) Presidents, Hostage Crisis, Cold Wars just make the world such a more comedic place. :facepalm

Alright lets get back on track folks.

Wasn't Armie Hammer suppose to play Batman in a JL movie at some point?

Alright - look have you ever seen one man disarm another man wielding a knife? Yes? Okay. Now give the guy without the knife super speed - say, faster than a speeding bullet - Got that? You with me? I say it would be impossible for the normal guy with a knife to even get close to stabbing the guy who is faster than a speeding bullet. So there - I dumbed it down for you and pretty much gave you solid reasoning. And erased your point of never being wrong. I am the only one who is never wrong.

Heres a complex plan that you may stuggle to think of...

Batmans hiding the krypton... superman turns up feels weak. Batman stabs him.

Heres another.... batman wears a kryptonite ring..... as a safety precaution..... superman knows but accepts its to protect himself. ... batman changes his mind. Comes in from behind... supes never saw it coming.

Again.... how do you think lex does it?

I MENTIONED KRYPTONITE.... YOUR REPLY MENTIONED A REGULAR KNIFE!.you said earlier you knew that I was talking about kryptonite as the weapon. So why the hell do you keep refering to a regular knife? ITS A DIFFERENT SCENARIO!

Please tell me your 12 and your age matches your behaviour?

Please someone else whose read the input respond here! Am I going crazy?

Nice troll comment at the end again there too!

J

Umm... maybe you're not too familiar with the 80s - or other eras. The world's been plenty serious throughout time (i.e. not really funny) - but perhaps World Wars, Korea/Vietnam, Cuban Missile Crisis, assassinated (and attempted assassinations of) Presidents, Hostage Crisis, Cold Wars just make the world such a more comedic place. :facepalm

Indeed I was not there yet during the 80's, but I was referring about the tone of the movies produced in the 80's, not the state of the world, I don't think the has ever really been funny. On the side note most of these events concern more the US than the world...

Back on topic though, I got the same vibe more or less from MOS than from the superman cartoons I watched, so I'm happy with it, and I hope this world's finest will give me the same vibe. But I truly hope they won't be fighting for the entire movie, that makes no sense... After all they both have the same goal in the end, protect innocent lives !

Indeed I was not there yet during the 80's, but I was referring about the tone of the movies produced in the 80's, not the state of the world, I don't think the has ever really been funny. On the side note most of these events concern more the US than the world...
No - you clearly implied "It's not the 80's anymore and it's not supposed to be a comedy movie neither, but I don't disagree that it's not a cheerful movie. It reflects how the world is now, i.e. not really funny..." that the world isn't funny anymore - I'm merely stating that it never was... and obviously, I'm American (although many of the thing's I mentioned were worldwide).

Anyhow, you can back pedal all you'd like - labeling "80s movies" as comedies is just as ridiculous. If you're going to paint with such a broad stroke, you may as well say in the early 1900's everyone was black and white and spoke through cards. Or that everyone burst out into song at random times. Ya know, the 50s were just too happy with everyone either being a cowboy or singing all the time.
Back on topic though, I got the same vibe more or less from MOS than from the superman cartoons I watched, so I'm happy with it, and I hope this world's finest will give me the same vibe. But I truly hope they won't be fighting for the entire movie, that makes no sense... After all they both have the same goal in the end, protect innocent lives !
My vibe for MoS was that they were clearly mimicking the Nolan Batfilms. The tone, the feel and everything was just too dark. I didn't feel any connection to any part of the film.

I also get the impression they're bringing Batman in because they feel an outright sequel might flop - or at the very least flounder a bit. MoS got lukewarm reviews and the movie slowed down after its opening week.

Heres a complex plan that you may stuggle to think of...

Batmans hiding the krypton... superman turns up feels weak. Batman stabs him.

Heres another.... batman wears a kryptonite ring..... as a safety precaution..... superman knows but accepts its to protect himself. ... batman changes his mind. Comes in from behind... supes never saw it coming.

Again.... how do you think lex does it?

I MENTIONED KRYPTONITE.... YOUR REPLY MENTIONED A REGULAR KNIFE!.you said earlier you knew that I was talking about kryptonite as the weapon. So why the hell do you keep refering to a regular knife? ITS A DIFFERENT SCENARIO!

Please tell me your 12 and your age matches your behaviour?

Please someone else whose read the input respond here! Am I going crazy?

Nice troll comment at the end again there too!

J

Now you're just being stupid on purpose ... right? First - how can Batman hide the planet Krypton? Like behind his back?

Ring or no ring - mix in superhearing, heat vision, telescopic vision and the outcome is the same. Is English your first or fifth language?

I'm done with this - I wanna talk about the darkness of. MOS.

If Batman was going to fight Superman, at least be creative. Stab him with a knife?

Why not have Waynetech Satellites positioned around the earth to emit red sun radiation to weaken him or something?

Not that they should even be fighting in the first place.

jeez, I didn't say all 80's movies are comedies, I said Superman was not supposed to be a comedy. And I do think the world, or at least the people were a bit more lighthearted in the last decade or two, hence the "how the world is now". The 80's movies and up to about 00' showed this lightheartedness more, that's all. It may be my fault for not expressing myself clearly enough though.

dimebagslash, don't worry, it's not you, it's always like that with him, just let it go, there is nothing to do about it...

edit : just in the middle of a Suits episode, I'd be curious to see what Gabriel Macht (Harvey Specter) could do as Batman. Bruce Wayne would be a piece of cake for him, that's for sure

Last edited:
jeez, I didn't say all 80's movies are comedies, I said Superman was not supposed to be a comedy. And I do think the world, or at least the people were a bit more lighthearted in the last decade or two, hence the "how the world is now". The 80's movies and up to about 00' showed this lightheartedness more, that's all. It may be my fault for not expressing myself clearly enough though.

dimebagslash, don't worry, it's not you, it's always like that with him, just let it go, there is nothing to do about it...

So you want to do this dance too?

Just to jump your point - Superman fought in WW2, and was a much darker character in the Fliescher cartoons - but he was still more uplifting. Nolan's team seem to feel this Superman lives in our world simply because they toss in a bunch of frowning people and an ihop. Superman can't live in our world - too many starving people, corrupt officials, racism, Iran, media bias - see in this world the problems that we face they cant show Superman solve - Remember Superman 4?

I'll just leave this here...

Superdickery Home

Hahahaha, Oh I hope Pat Boone makes an appearance in Sups vs Bats! Well if hes not too busy slinging Safe Step tubs.
1296_4_009.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back