Avengers: Age of Ultron (Pre-release)

Good... the longer the better.
That's what she said.

A longer movie can be better... but, it can also be detrimental to a flick, too. I'd rather have a nice, tight film than a bloated film that has me checking the time. I don't think the time will be a factor with this especially with the characters in this and with Joss Whedon and the Marvel crew behind this.

To me, a movie should be as long as it needs to be to tell the story. If that's 3 hours, it's 3 hours. If it is 2 hours, it's 2 hours. I hate people hacking them down to fit in a predetermined time slot.

B-oAnlvUIAAZxRc.jpg:large

Now who is going to spot the odd name from the credits? It could lead to nothing or it could be something HUGE.

That's expected, but not the person I am referring to. I can give it away, but I think it will be cool if someone discovers it on their own and ponders on it.

I see Falcon, Carter, Heimdall, and Selvig in the poster, guessing Vivek's referring to one of those. Serkis' name isn't on the poster, guess he wasn't able to negotiate for poster credit, funny that's the case when he's been shown in both trailers and those 4 actors haven't been leaked yet.

My guess on Vivek's spoiler-ish tease:

Dr Selvig is gonna bite the bullet in this movie. I know with nearly 100% certainty it isn't Falcon as I've seen concept art for Civil War already.

Including Danny Elfman's music is interesting and sure could mean something pretty big. Elfman did the score for the first two Raimi Spider-man movies (and his themes were sued for the third), but he also did the score for the Ang Lee Hulk movie - but, none of that was revisited for the Incredible Hulk.

I guess it's likely we'll now see some sort of Spider-Man tease in the Avengers AoU. It will be interesting to see how they do it, I'm guessing it won't be a full cameo - but, who knows?

Elfman also did Burton's Batman. So, I've got my fingers crossed that Batman shows. :D

third3ye, that's a good possibility too. JD got what I was hinting at.

Danny Elfman? He did the Spider-Man score.
And the Hulk score, but I don't see him being brought on board for that.

Brian Tyler is the main composer. So either it's additional old material or more likely new snippet of music from Elfman, perhaps for the post-credits sequence.

Ah I see, didn't catch the Elfman and Spidey connection, good spot there.

Normally they wouldn't have to give credit for music re-use rights but maybe because Elfman scored for a different studio and production company, they need to put his name in there to use the Spidey score? Or, it could be completely unrelated to Spidey and he's just brought on because Tyler was a bit lacking on some of the music.

Normally they wouldn't have to give credit for music re-use rights but maybe because Elfman scored for a different studio and production company, they need to put his name in there to use the Spidey score? Or, it could be completely unrelated to Spidey and he's just brought on because Tyler was a bit lacking on some of the music.
Yeah it very well could be nothing Spidey related and they got Elfman for some other standalone piece.

I heard somewhere that when a composer is credited this way, 9 times out of 10 it's for recycled material.
Just some speculation

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back