Accurized 1/144 Fine Molds Millennium Falcon

Thanks Crackerjazz!

Here's the final work on the lighting. I can finally paint this piece of junk!

lights2.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys. I'll give this model a coat of flat black after the primer, just to eleminate the the light bleed through. Then I'll hit it with a mix of Floquil Reefer White and Grime. I'll mix it on the lighter side, just for the scale of the build.
There's still some areas that I have to add some details to,... damaged areas, trimming of one docking ring, touch up two ares at the boarding ramp, etc.

scratchy

hi Scratchy

You are the benchmark, the cockpit that you sent me and the rest of the pieces are amazing

Sorry for the late reply ZAP, I'm happy to hear that you like the parts.

Some more work to the 144 Falcon. I have all my engine nozzles in place and the grill cleaned out.

mfengine_zps6377e25f.jpg

hey scratchy, have you thought about making a thread about your tools? We would all be inspired

I think it would be more beneficial to everyone, if there was a permanent thread at the top of the General Modeling forum that was titled "Tools Used". This way everyone can contribute to what they use.

However, I don't think much response would be garnered. If I had to spend the time to list, set up and photograph every tool that I have, I would completely blow off a weekend.

Hi Scratchy, looking good! Was your mix ratio 2 of Reefer White and 1 of Griime? Or was it the other way round. I used Model Master Camouflage Gray acrylic but I'm not too happy - maybe it's close but it bugs me that it's not the real deal. I used it just because it's easy on the nose - I heard the Floquil stinks big time (is that right?) which means I can only paint outside and that won't be until spring comes.

Crackerjazz,

I used a 2:1 mix ratio (two parts Reefer White – one part Grime). I've read on these forums that the SS Falcons basecoat was a 1:1 mix. Since this is a smaller scale, I thought best to lighten up the colour. It really is a unique colour. When viewed from a distance, it's almost like a light cream colour, but close up, under light, there's a slight yellow.

I should add, that I used a Tamiya Primer, followed up with a Model Master flat black undercoat, then I sprayed the 2:1 base coat.

Once the secondary colours, weathering, and damage gets applied, I'm sure it will all blend nicely. I still consider myself a newbie when it comes to painting models. The only subjects that I've ever painted were the 1:2256 Nebulon B, 1:72 AT-ST heads, and a 1:144 damaged wing TIE Fighter. So, with that said, I've got a lot to learn.

Thanks for the info, Scratchy. I'll have to do still another repaint. I'm studying your color list over at SMA, too - that's some impressive researching into the 32-inch.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back