Accurized 1/144 Fine Molds Millennium Falcon

Scratchy - you've finally started etching your own brass (or copper?) stuff like you said you would! :) I hope to do the same someday, but I always get lost trying to understand how to transfer the image to the plate. Excellent job, as always!

Wait, this is a 1/144 scale and not the 1/72. That’s some incredible tiny detail!

Yeah, the images can be deceiving. For such a little kit, it sure is providing some challenges. Thank you for the kind words Randy13.

Scratchy - you've finally started etching your own brass (or copper?) stuff like you said you would! :) I hope to do the same someday, but I always get lost trying to understand how to transfer the image to the plate. Excellent job, as always!

No, I haven't starting etching my own PE, however, that is something that I would like to do someday. This PE was purchased over at SSM, along with the PE engine vent screens. The screens doesn't fit my custom engine vents, so trimming the perimeter of the screen is required.

Last edited:
I have the detailing finished on the landing gear, and pre assembled. I'll add the hoses to the wells at a later time, this way they won't break off, and some additional holes in the wells for some lights.

IMG_9377.jpg

IMG_9379.jpg

IMG_9381.jpg

IMG_9383.jpg

I'm working on the docking rings next. Adding /correcting the panel lines on the outside.

Some more work on the Falcon. I detailed the port and starboard docking rings, cleaning out the centre and and adding bits of styrene. I also modified the panel lines on the outside perimeter of the rings and added some pieces of styrene, and a little damage too.
I also started the sides, adding some additional parts, brass rod and more bits of styrene. Here's some images of the work.

IMG_9446.jpg

IMG_9444.jpg

IMG_9442.jpg

IMG_9440.jpg

IMG_9438.jpg

IMG_9436.jpg

IMG_9434.jpg

Here's some more work. I'm just finishing the side walls and not much work will be applied to these parts. This photo shows my two custom parts glued near the engine, I also scratched a detail piece to the end.
IMG_9458.jpg

IMG_9460.jpg

I added two small styrene bits to this section and I scratched this little detail bit from a piece of stretched sprue that I'm pointing with with my knife. I squared the back end and drilled a hole in the front to make it more representing of the kit part from one of those Tamiya racing car kits.
IMG_9464.jpg

Here's another pic of the back port side. I scratched the flak 38 scope, three Scharnhorst parts and my custom parts are at the back end.
IMG_9468.jpg

thanks for following along.

Hello All,

Another small update. I drilled all the landing light holes in the bottom hull previously, and I filled them in with some clear resin. I used some masking tape on the inside to cover the holes so that the resin would stay in place.

I also made the LED bulb housings, at first, I utilized some aluminum foil and glued them around some styrene tube, but I changed things up and wrapped some copper foil around the tube and I also applied a square piece to the hull. I drilled a hole in the centre and aligned this with the clear resin hole in the hull. Just to prevent in light bleed through. Some A+B epoxy putty was used to keep everything in place.

I started working on the boarding ramp hallway. I lamented some .020" to some .040" pieces and I detailed the bottom with some .005" sheet for the "step" pattern at the edge.

IMG_9514.jpg

Here's a "walk up" view.

IMG_9532.jpg

I'm in the process of building a new set of ramp cylinders, and I have to add the details and hoses and cables for the walls. I'll light this area with fiber optic.

scratchy

Thanks ecl

I have most of the ramp and hallway painted. I'll go back into the cylinders a little later and add some more weathering.

ramp.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back