Accurized 1/144 Fine Molds Millennium Falcon

Here's the engine grill weathered to resemble discoloration, and rust from extreme heat. I sprayed the grill with a dark grey. Then I used the hairspray and rock salt technique and sprayed the base coat on.
Then I weathered the entire piece with Vallejo Pigments and I sprayed some Grumbacher matte fixative to seal the pigments to the surface. I then touched up the ends with the same base coat so that the ends blend in with the two sides.

enginegrill_zps6b0854f4.jpg

That is way cool! Are you gonna have the lights shining out that grill? How would that work, cos I don't see much of a gap for the LEDs to get through...?

That is way cool! Are you gonna have the lights shining out that grill? How would that work, cos I don't see much of a gap for the LEDs to get through...?

Thanks for the comments Hikarub. There won't be any lights in the engine area. This Falcon will be in a landed position with a couple snowspeeders and x-wings around her.

Love the work done so far bro... you are really getting into this build. I've got a cut-away falcon with the detail kits from Falcon kits that I was gonna do... still in my closet somewhere. You have given me all kinds of good ideas (especially about the ramp.. totally overlooked that one).

Love the work done so far bro... you are really getting into this build. I've got a cut-away falcon with the detail kits from Falcon kits that I was gonna do... still in my closet somewhere. You have given me all kinds of good ideas (especially about the ramp.. totally overlooked that one).

Thanks LrdSatyr, it's always good to see what others are building, so that those ideas can be applied elsewhere.

I have the majority of the parts together. I need to clean up a little light pollution, but all in all, I'm happy with the progress so far.

falcon_zps3893514f.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back