3 foot Star Destroyer WIP/Update 2/11/13

Re: 3 foot Star Destroyer WIP/Back to work!

Thank you Robert! Yea I was going through BAD withdraw! Getting promoted at work is cool, but it took away from my model time!:cry

Re: 3 foot Star Destroyer WIP/update 10/28/11

(y)thumbsup:thumbsupBeautiful!

The coolest thing about these SD builds is spotting all the kit parts. I can gaze at them for hours!

Keep up the good work!

Robert:)

Re: 3 foot Star Destroyer WIP/update 10/28/11

Yea, i love searchin for pieces to use. Rick and me talked about how fun it is using "found objects." I drive my wife crazy cuz i keep a bunch a knick knacks and junk and turn them into detailing. You can see in these recent pics I used pieces of a couple disposable shaving razor heads!:lol

Re: 3 foot Star Destroyer WIP/update 11/1/11

this has to be the most bada$$ thing I have seen ever!!!! Excuse my language but WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Every time I find an excuse to not build one of these
damn things a thread like this pops up!:behave
Thats a great job excellent!

Thanks for the comment 3d-builder! Yea I got sucked into building mine from checking out other builds. Its addictive!:lol

Re: 3 foot Star Destroyer WIP/update 11/4/11

Beginning to work on the rear of the bridge neck. I don't have any of the kitbashed pieces for this section so I am scribing the ribs on the base of this section on a piece of styrene, and I will use my own kitbashed detailing.

Re: 3 foot Star Destroyer WIP/update 11/7/11

Did some work on the garbage shoot. Still want to add a little more detail, but for the life of me could not get a good pic with my crappy camera!:angry
There are lights in there but, they are hard to see. I will try and get a better pic.

Re: 3 foot Star Destroyer WIP/update 11/16/11

While working on the rear of the bridge neck, I noticed I had a bit of a problem. As i stated earlier, I went off of the ertl SD for my blueprints and just scaled up. However I have been noticing and correcting certain errors with these specs as I go. Today I fixed one of those problems. The base of the neck on the ertl model ends at the very end of the top hull. That is where my bridge neck ends as well. But after studying some reference pics I noticed that there is some space between the base of the neck and the end point of the top hull. So I penciled in where the base was supposed to end and cut it off. This came out very well and I now have room to put the upper flaps at the peak of the rear point.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back