1978 Imperial Star Destroyer variant

Joseph C. Brown

Sr Member
I was recently snared by some gorgeous 1978 vintage art by Noriyoshi Ohrai, and the the closer I zoomed in on the ISD, the more gun turrets I saw! By any standard, *thats* a Star Destroyer!

Sure, the rest of the art is awesome, but now I really need to have a model of this version!

Attachments

• Noriyoshi Ohrai 1978_001.jpg
    Noriyoshi Ohrai 1978_001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 177
Found an additional art piece that Noriyoshi Ohrai had done; the Imperial Star Destroyer is not as Looney Tunes(™) bristling with weapons, it's still somewhat more heavily armed than we see on screen. And I love it!

Attachments

• Noriyoshi Ohrai 1978_002.jpg
    Noriyoshi Ohrai 1978_002.jpg
    969.5 KB · Views: 63
Kinda funny how the final design in the film is the 4 visible gun turrets on each side. Is that what they are even called?
I guess the Empire model had 32 actual cannon gun barrels per side, but still, these art piece definitely show it being way more armed.
Maybe they thought it looked too armed....or maybe they didn't look good on screen?

I was recently snared by some gorgeous 1978 vintage art by Noriyoshi Ohrai, and the the closer I zoomed in on the ISD, the more gun turrets I saw! By any standard, *thats* a Star Destroyer!

Sure, the rest of the art is awesome, but now I really need to have a model of this version!
I love this. It LOOKS like what the name Star Destroyer, implies!

I could see this being a variant in the universe...

The smallest

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back