3 foot Star Destroyer WIP/Update 2/11/13

Re: Studio Scale 3 foot Star Destroyer WIP beginning

Bridge nearly complete, adding detail to the sides and bottom.

Last edited:

Its looking good, can't wait to see the finished piece. How are you going to display it when its all done?

Its looking good, can't wait to see the finished piece. How are you going to display it when its all done?

Hey, thanks for the comment! I'm not really sure. I haven't made it that far yet. At this point Im just hoping to finish it!:confused I've learned a lot on this build, so I definitely want to buils another one. Not sure what I'll do with this one.

Beginning detailing on the superstructure. I don't have any good pics of the progress, but here are some pics of the detailing layed down and primered. More detailing will be added later.

This next group of pics shows the cannon housings on the side of the superstructure. i only built one cannon, then took a bunch of pics because I'm not sure if I like it or not. I know I want to find a better way to do the guns. I would like to build one good one then cast 7 more but I don't know how to do that. So if anyone can help.....:rolleyes

Time to work on the side trench's. First I measured the gap based off of the ertl model and reference photos, then cut strips of .90 styrene as the base frame and layed them in as a test.(which is the first photos)

I then just began laying in detail that consisted of kitbashed pieces and whatever else I could find. Again, this is the part where you get creative.

Much of the detailing is just a base as it is too chunky. I will layer in more detailing on top of this layer later to make it look more dense and jumbled.

here some pics I took from a bunch of angles to see if the trench's were coreect in proportion to the rest of the ship.
Again, sorry pics suck!:cry

I didn't like the detail on the upper part of the superstructure because it was too chunky.So I decided to redue it.

Here the detail is being corrected with more smaller detail and levels.

I also began adding extra bits of detail to the lower levels of the superstructure.

Next I filled in the detail on the port rear of the superstructure. I did not finish the starboard side because I have yet to place the battery pack that will control the lights, into the compartment.

Starting work on the rear. This has single handedly been the hardest part of the whole model. For one thing, I don't think I got the slope of the panel platting correct, no the frame pieces that the secondary engines come out from.

The detail on the corner edges are from the mpc Falcon.:rolleyes

Here is a shot of the frames for the secondary engines. I can't quite figure out if this is how they go. Please help! I think this is what is throwing everything in the back off!!:cry

Despite my uncertainty about the rear section being correct, I pressed on working on some of the detail between the two nacels.

congrats on your art work....It looks to be an awesome piece...who knows maybe some one out there will look to commission you.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back