Factory Entertainment Agent Sidearm replica (J2 or J gun))

Just a heads up, There is a good pic of the guns before the production guys sprayed them on Rick Gamez's website. I won't post them here since he says not to on his site and "he'll know" haha. Rick if you want me to remove this link, please let me know!

Home - Rick's Custom Props

Don't forget the preproduction has not been polished and the screen used ones were sprayed with hairspray and who knows what else to make them look dull. The EE should be shiney too. If not i will polish it so it is.

FE, can you confirm whether the "rivets" will be rivets or screws? Just curious.

Looking closely at the website photos, they look like allen head screws.

Yes i posted earlier they are button head allens. FE mentioned rivets hence my question. If they use rivets i may consider changing them out. Hopefully they are going with black screws on the EE and stainless on the LE.

Yes i posted earlier they are button head allens. FE mentioned rivets hence my question. If they use rivets i may consider changing them out. Hopefully they are going with black screws on the EE and stainless on the LE.

Yeah, just answering that it appears they are using allens not rivets. They must have misspoken.

The pics on their website are confusing me. The LE pics are definately the LE chrome. The EE pics look chrome in some pics, aluminum in others and in one of the pics of the safety lights it looks like it has the EE aluminum body and chrome LE trigger frame. Then in another it looks like it has the Chrome barrel and aluminum body. Maybe they didn't have all the parts and had to mix them together.

Edit, i think it's just photoshopped to look lighter/whiter.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the EE pics are modified LE pictures. It says they arent the final pictures and will be updated. All the pics look exactly the same in positioning and angles... not impossible to achieve but rather difficult. The LE includes box pictures, the EE doesn't. I'm sure they will update the images when the "bonus content" is in.

I'm pretty sure the EE pics are modified LE pictures. It says they arent the final pictures and will be updated. All the pics look exactly the same in positioning and angles... not impossible to achieve but rather difficult. The LE includes box pictures, the EE doesn't. I'm sure they will update the images when the "bonus content" is in.

There is a notice on the EE sale page that says "final product images coming soon" so I'm assuming we have yet to see the real gun/packaging/extra feature.

I am hoping this will be this week along with an unboxing video.

I just ordered the Elite Edition thanks to Tom's help with a payment plan. I wish more companies had this level of customer service. I love my Neuralyzer, and I couldn't pass up the J2!

Yea, they set up a payment plan for me as well, which really helps! I would say
now is the time to get one, if you can!

This is awesome. About to place my order, just can't decide which one to get! I also emailed asking about payment plans.

Elite Edition said:
The body of the gun is raw cast aluminum, highly polished, but without any chrome plating. The barrel section is polished machined aluminum.

Question. Is there a difference between the machined aluminum and raw cast aluminum in terms of looks? From the mock up photos, it looks like the barrel has a chrome plated look to it while the body does not.

Question. Is there a difference between the machined aluminum and raw cast aluminum in terms of looks? From the mock up photos, it looks like the barrel has a chrome plated look to it while the body does not.

Pretty sure the pics we are seeing are photoshopped. But there may be a slight change in tint due to to different alloy mixtures of one being cast and the other machined bar stock. I doubt we will see enough to matter, if we see any difference at all. I personally am not worried about it.

This is awesome. About to place my order, just can't decide which one to get! I also emailed asking about payment plans.

Well, the LE will be easier to care for as it will retain its shine forever. The EE is more accurate but will need a good shine every once in a while.

The real tipping point for me is this "collateral". We are all mostly sure that it is a Signature edition. That would justify the price and more than increase the value once they're gone (which, by the way, I hear they are selling fast).

Other than that it's really up to whether you think a signature is worth $150 and a little effort towards cleaning care. My personal vote was "yes, yes, please take my money".

Do any of you mind saying how the payment plan works? I see the release date is set for next month, doesn't seem like all that long to make payments lol.

I just sent an email this weekend, and asked if I could pay a certain amount, a month. They (Tom) sent me back an email stating it would be fine!

He said to place an order, than send them an email with my order#, than what I was was able to pay! That simple!

Do any of you mind saying how the payment plan works? I see the release date is set for next month, doesn't seem like all that long to make payments lol.

A+ for products,
A+ for service,

FE are quickly becoming a legendary company.

Chatting with FE, it sounds like this piece will knock our socks off.

Well, the LE will be easier to care for as it will retain its shine forever. The EE is more accurate but will need a good shine every once in a while.

Huh. And I thought the EE would require less cleaning since the chrome plating would be more susceptible to finger prints.

This type of shine job on the Aluminum finish isn't an intrusive cleaning procedure, is it? My James Earl Jones signature plaque is starting to lose the text due to extensive cleaning, but that might be because it's made out of a type of silver.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back