Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (Post-release)

Re: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

I can't wait to see the poster.

"When there's no more room in Hell, the Apes will walk the Earth"

Big fan of the original. Tolerated Burton's attempt. Trashed Rise all over the RPF while it was in development because of the CGI.

Saw Rise, LOVED IT. Loved the CG.

Stuck foot in mouth

Can't wait for Dawn.

DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Synopsis; Toby Kebbell and Enrique Murcianao Join Cast | Collider
I am glad the story will jump start in the future with the apes being in control in large numbers.

“A growing nation of genetically evolved apes led by Caesar is threatened by a band of human survivors of the devastating virus unleashed a decade earlier. They reach a fragile peace, but it proves short-lived, as both sides are brought to the brink of a war that will determine who will emerge as Earth's dominant species.”

Really looking forward to this. Loved rise and mostly cus Serkis is pure genius when it comes to motion capture.

tumblr_mmlcqyHGQ81qiw32mo1_1280.jpg

From the set in NOLA - Matt Reeves talking to Caeser (Serkin)

The original release date was May 23 and it is now scheduled to release on July 18, 2014, while Fox's X-Men: Days of Future Past will be released on May 23.

From the twitter account of the fan site riseoftheplanetoftheapes.com

dawn_of_apes: Today Dawn of the Planet of the Apes will be filming around the old Six Flags in New Orleans. All humans will shot on sight

Good to know another Planet of the Apes is in the pipeline. I've enjoyed them all!

20th Century Fox has a panel for Comic Con on July 20 (Sat) at Hall H listed as TBA. Hoping it's Dawn of the Planet of the Apes besides just X-Men: Days of Future Past.

I'm always up for anything POTA, with the exception of the Burton version. Only thing good about it was the Heston cameo.

I'm always up for anything POTA, with the exception of the Burton version. Only thing good about it was the Heston cameo.
I wouldn't say Heston's cameo was the only good thing about it; I thought Rick Baker's ape makeups were very effective.

chomprawrmoo: "Protect yourself from the Simian Flu here at #sdcc #PlanetOfTheApes"

fdcbea32f15c11e2b85022000a1f9e75_7.jpg

ErikDavis: DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES has arrived with some viral marketing on the streets of San Diego #ComicCon

ErikDavis: Beware of the Simian Flu! #Apes #ComicCon

ErikDavis: The APES viral team are all wearing white coats & screaming "Beware of the Simian Flu! Protect yourself!" People actually seem freaked out

BPpC7UbCQAEUW4E.jpg:large

7e6d26e4f17411e2913d22000a9e2892_7.jpg

Last edited:

EricVespe: Andy Serkis says Caeser is now a leader with responsibilities as he builds his community of primates. Film takes place 10 years after Rise.

devincf: Apes are learning to communicate in DAWN OF THE POTA. #SDCC

ApesMovies: “We see Ceasar learning to communicate with words & gestures -it’s a rich & fertile ground for exploring apes & humanity."-Andy Serkis #SDCC

ApesMovies: You’re not just going to be seeing CGI apes jump across the screen - you’ll see incredible athletes performing.”- Jason Clarke

Silas Lesnick: Reeves says there won't be a lot of ape shots because of the FX work that still needs to be done. 10-12 weeks for a single ape!

Silas Lesnick: This is the first footage to be shown in 3D in Hall H all con.

EricVespe: Footage from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is about to start. Still shooting, so it's rough. 10-12 weeks for Weta to deliver 1 ape shot

Silas Lesnick: We see the ruins of humanity. It's eight years later.

Silas Lesnick: Four years spent fighting the virus and four years spent "fighting each other".

Silas Lesnick: Clarke's character, dressed almost in a Dark Tower Gunfighter-style costume steps through the Redwood Forest

Silas Lesnick: He shouts out that he wants to speak with Casear.

Silas Lesnick: We pull back from Caesar. He looks much older with grey hairs. Behind him is an army of apes.

devincf : DAWN footage includes an army of apes in trees wearing war paint. #SDCC

ErikDavis: Whoa on the APES footage. Shots of devastation all over lead to an awesome look at Caesar and an army behind him ready to charge. #comiccon

EricVespe: Caesar had a layer of white face paint with a red war stripe down his forehead, ends between his eyes.

Silas Lesnick: Cut to the title and that's it for Apes.

Before The Dawn comic book can be picked up for free at Boom Comics booth until stocks last.

BPuHe3PCQAIjHTB.png:large

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back