Murdochs War-Patriot WIP-On hold.

Murdoch

Sr Member
So here it goes. I thought that i would go with the original arc for the patriot. I also plan to change up the design with a tweek here a tweek there, no real plans as of yet. I'm just going to see where it takes me. I would welcome any critiques that you may have and thanx in advance... GM

Last edited:
Re: Murdochs War-Patriot WIP

Wow, nice twist :D May I ask though what the extra dark foam being placed over the blue is for? Is it just to make the surface a bit more smooth and curved? Or is there another purpose?

Wow, nice twist :D May I ask though what the extra dark foam being placed over the blue is for? Is it just to make the surface a bit more smooth and curved? Or is there another purpose?
The extra foam is to add a more pronounced view i guess. I will be cutting away at it i think. Not exactly sure yet, guess i'll see as it progresses...GM

Ok so it would seem that i originally intented to build the iron patriot-war machine. However that idea has evolved into a sort of hybrid if you will. I like the pronounced features of the war machine Mk1 so i thought that i would go in that direction. Not generating a lot of interest, but hopefully that will change as it progresses...GM

Awesome stuff murdoch! I am doing something similar. I am hoping no one else does it yet! Its a mix between Iron Patriot and the new iron man. But with a completely different paint job and "Old School" feel.

Hopefully I can pull it off!

Your is looking great so far!

Tank

Just been working the shoulder bells when i hit a snag. I realized that they are 3 moveable working together. I had oringinally based the bells on files i had but now think that i will use the files as a template for size, and try it free hand to see where it takes me...GM

Ok so this where i am at now. Upper torso is near complete, as well as the cod. The lower torso-abs i plan to make collapsible. Slowly coming together, starting to get excited...GM

Now i am at the final stage of the arc. The 2pics left and right were the mock-up. The center pic is the one that eill be used. It is aluminum and i am cutting it with a jewellers saw. Today is Easter Sunday and i have a dinner to cook for the family so i will work on it at work. Happy Easter to all who celebrate...GM

Lookin great dude, I love the Iron Pat design so look forward to seeing this finished.... I kno it can get a bit disheartening when its seems no one is interested in your build (I know coz my Cyclops build is a slow reply thread lol) but just keep puttin the mileage in and do it for you dude :)

Lookin great dude, I love the Iron Pat design so look forward to seeing this finished.... I kno it can get a bit disheartening when its seems no one is interested in your build (I know coz my Cyclops build is a slow reply thread lol) but just keep puttin the mileage in and do it for you dude :)
Thanx man. No worries though, i'm sure as it goes along i may pick-up a fan or two. The build has always been for me though. I know that the star is a risk of looking like the traditional patriot but once complete the star will be the only thing they share with the exception of the name of course. I myself have viewed builds that i don't really have any interest in but i just wanted to see how i would received them. To be honest i was surprised every time. This is also my first build so i am sure that i have and will make mistakes along the way. Thanx for the words though i appreciate it...GM

I like the star shape you put in to your chest. I'm doing something similar and it really is annoying figuring out what I need to cut and what to put over what and the small little extra parts that aren't there. But for my first build everything went pretty smooth -cough cough so far cough-

And then once you're finished they'll probably be 100's of random people you'll never hear from save your picture for reference later (I've done it quite a lot)

I like the star shape you put in to your chest. I'm doing something similar and it really is annoying figuring out what I need to cut and what to put over what and the small little extra parts that aren't there. But for my first build everything went pretty smooth -cough cough so far cough-

And then once you're finished they'll probably be 100's of random people you'll never hear from save your picture for reference later (I've done it quite a lot)
Thanx for the words man are you talking about cutting metal? Because i've been drilling a hole as you can see in the pic and using a jewellers saw. I will keep an eye out for your build, looking foward to seeing it...GM

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back