Another MPC Millennium Falcon Modification

Thanks Kyuzo, top one is the Revell pocket kit & the other is the FineMolds 1/144 (which I'm gonna give a mandible operation)

J

piggyback.jpg

John

Falconception?

-Angel

So I finally picked up the cutaway falcon. I'm not trying to take away from this thread, but fingered that there were good people talking about it here.

I'll do a proper thread once I get going.

Anyway, I have the blue moon kit and the gunwell kit. I plan on redoing the engine deck, the dish and possibly enlarging the cockpit.

However I know nothing about possible donor kits. I do have an extra gunwell that I'd be willing to trade for donor parts. (Mind you, I'd even appreciate a list of helpful kits)

Anyone interested? P.m. me

I'm really going to have to make a list of all the donor parts I've used Astroboy.....soon....

......right, back on to the MPC Falcon.

It really has been a while (apart from finishing that foot) since I really paid any attention to it
There were areas that were a bit rough, so I've went over them again.

I attached the cockpit tube,.....only to discover that it was pointing upwards, so a bit of heat was applied to the hull to bend the hull level

cockpittube2.jpg

cockpittube3.jpg

While I was at it I removed a couple of the moulded pipes & replaced them with wire:
cockpittube.jpg

You cant really see here but I cut 3/4 of the docking tubes along where they join the hull & put spacers in to make the walkway look slightly taller:
Cockpittube4.jpg

Thanks for looking guys

John

It's looking good it's looking good! We can't wait to see it painted. Also, is the cockpit as far out as that? I was under the impression that it tucked in a little closer

It's looking good it's looking good! We can't wait to see it painted. Also, is the cockpit as far out as that? I was under the impression that it tucked in a little closer

Yeah in that photo the cockpit does look pretty far out, so I took a few photos & merged them with the only 2 birds-eye photos I have,

2.jpg

1.jpg

My Falcon:
3.jpg

Merged with 1.
merge1.jpg

Merged with 2.
merge2.jpg

The main thing I think that makes it look a distance from the hull is there are greeblies which connect the cockpit to the mandible, the other is that the cockpit is a little stumpier, but I'm definitely not going to shorten the length of the cockpit windows, that would be like going back to the original cockpit that came with the kit.

Adding more greeblies to the inside of the cockpit should do the trick:)

Thanks for the comments guys

John

I maybe wrong here, but I've gotten the impression that the 5-foot had relatively shorter cockpit windows. To my eyes your cockpit looks a bit more like the 32 incher's. I've never seen any of the two in person though so I wouldn't really know for certain.

Certainly is stunningly accurate in every other detail though. The mandible job especially.

Thanks again Kyuzo, I made a decision at the beginning to make the cockpit window less stumpy and more like the full size set, but not as pointy as the 32" ESB Falcon,.....I'll bulk out the greeblie part and tidy that up.....see how that does,......

Finemolds (32" version)
32quottop.jpg

And again my MPC....
3.jpg

.......next onto the turret guns

John

Some updates on the cockpit:

I tried to pack out the mandible out toward the cockpit, but it was a bit awkward to work with, so I took the tube off again, this made it a lot easier to size the parts:
cockpitfix4.jpg

cockpitfix3.jpg

dockingtubenew.jpg

cockpitfix2.jpg

cockpitfix1.jpg

I've started working on the quad guns, I'm making a mould to cast repeditive parts

Thanks for looking

John

Those details are awesome! Can't wait to see the painting!
Thanks very much Scratchy,....looking forward to painting, which should be really soon....not much more to do

I made a quad gun using the barrels from the original parts and parts I'd cast off another Prequel model

Turret3.jpg

Turret1.jpg

Turret2.jpg

Still more details to be added & tidying up

Thanks for looking
John

Outstanding work. Wow. Love this build. I spent hours staring at the 6ft falcon at the Smithsonian years ago. It was incredible. You have captured it. Cant wait to see the weathering.

Carl

Thanks Darth, I'm off work this week, hopefully get some more done,....looking forward to seeing this one with paint

John

Thanks Blade & Iceman, nothing really done on this one,.....been working on a new RMQ Falcon, but I really should get back to it soon, so close to the finish line!

J

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back