Reebok Alien Stompers (Ripley's sneakers from Aliens) re-release

Yet another wasted opportunity that could have been solved with a presale option. Reebok could have taken an unlimited amount of orders, then had the money in hand to produce enough shoes for anyone and everyone that wanted them. The fans wind up happy, Reebok sells a ton of shoes and the scalpers are neutralized.

Not hard.

I totally agree with you. Has there ever been one release that has not been botched? Not that I can remember, there are always issues, but again, this comes back to the brand. I'm not excusing Reebok, I personally don't think you can blame the resellers. House prices are a perfect example, no-one in their right mind would sell their house for less than they can get, what's the difference with shoes. If a quick turn around profit can be made then good for them! Wish I could be in their position.

- - - Updated - - -

I was told today that they were due to go on sale at midday, when were they actually released? Mid-morning at some point?

Whilst I understand what you are saying I cannot accept that people who deliberately buy limited edition items such as these that they ordinarily would have no interest in, just to try to make a huge profit on them at true collectors' expense are not fundamentally good and decent people, they are driven by greed and opportunism pure and simple. If they buy them for their own collection and sell them some time later fine, but the examples shown on here of eBay sellers behaving as they are just demonstrates the worst aspects of human nature. Rather than using the analogy of buying and selling houses I would liken this more to hoarding food whilst others starve. You cannot take the moral high ground with this type of behaviour, especially those who bought or managed to get several pairs, what for? Sorry greed is greed, no excuses..........

I thought I was going to get a pair for myself, and for a friend that plays Ripley. Whoops. I thought they went for sale at noon. It was sold out before I even got online!

Cg__iMcUUAAbT_u.jpg

Can't believe the delusions some people have. I stand behind my comments to the eBay user even more now, if this is the "justification". It's the haves vs the have nots. Yes or no... Did you intentionally buy the second pair, to flip for a profit when the prices get high? Was it pre-meditated? One simple one word answer is all that is required, and I don't want any BS crap that you think absolves you of any moral wrongdoing.

Whilst I understand what you are saying I cannot accept that people who deliberately buy limited edition items such as these that they ordinarily would have no interest in, just to try to make a huge profit on them at true collectors' expense are not fundamentally good and decent people, they are driven by greed and opportunism pure and simple. If they buy them for their own collection and sell them some time later fine, but the examples shown on here of eBay sellers behaving as they are just demonstrates the worst aspects of human nature. Rather than using the analogy of buying and selling houses I would liken this more to hoarding food whilst others starve. You cannot take the moral high ground with this type of behaviour, especially those who bought or managed to get several pairs, what for? Sorry greed is greed, no excuses..........

Unfortunately, they're not just limited edition items, that ordinarily no-one else except an 'Alien' fan would have interest in. They're the most sought after shoes on the planet at the moment, which opens up them up to one of the biggest collector / reseller bases that exists. I'm guessing most people only knew about them being released because the sneaker sites got hold of the information & spread the word.

Also, hoarding food whilst letting others starve? We're talking about a pair of trainers, a first world problem at it's finest. No-one is starving.

Can't believe the delusions some people have. I stand behind my comments to the eBay user even more now, if this is the "justification". It's the haves vs the have nots. Yes or no... Did you intentionally buy the second pair, to flip for a profit when the prices get high? Was it pre-meditated? One simple one word answer is all that is required, and I don't want any BS crap that you think absolves you of any moral wrongdoing.

I'm not sure who you're talking to buddy, as far as I know, nobody on this thread has more than one pair of Alien Stompers or is selling on eBay.

Unfortunately, they're not just limited edition items, that ordinarily no-one else except an 'Alien' fan would have interest in. They're the most sought after shoes on the planet at the moment, which opens up them up to one of the biggest collector / reseller bases that exists. I'm guessing most people only knew about them being released because the sneaker sites got hold of the information & spread the word.

Also, hoarding food whilst letting others starve? We're talking about a pair of trainers, a first world problem at it's finest. No-one is starving.

They might be the most sought after shoes on the planet at the moment (take note Reebok of what a monumental screw up you made of this) but that still does not make it right for some opportunists to buy these just for the sake of trying to make a quick buck or quick several hundred bucks at other people's expense. I know this is how capitalism works and we all like to make a profit if we sell one of our prized possessions now and again but the write up on these is just obscene and cannot be justified. Totally opportunism and greed driven as I said, and by the way what I said earlier is called an analogy, people are hoarding the trainers whilst others are being starved of them. The mentality of these people is no different from those who hike up the cost of food for the starving or medicines for the sick, totally self driven. Nuff said!

So it's hard to give a yes/no answer. Yeah, whatever. Insert rollingeyefacethingymajig. In what world do you live in where two pairs is only one pair.

They might be the most sought after shoes on the planet at the moment (take note Reebok of what a monumental screw up you made of this) but that still does not make it right for some opportunists to buy these just for the sake of trying to make a quick buck or quick several hundred bucks at other people's expense. I know this is how capitalism works and we all like to make a profit if we sell one of our prized possessions now and again but the write up on these is just obscene and cannot be justified. Totally opportunism and greed driven as I said, and by the way what I said earlier is called an analogy, people are hoarding the trainers whilst others are being starved of them. The mentality of these people is no different from those who hike up the cost of food for the starving or medicines for the sick, totally self driven. Nuff said!

I'm quite aware of what an 'analogy' is, but thanks for the remedial education. It is, however, laughable that you can make a comparison between the buyers / sellers of these shoes & those who hike up the cost of food or medicines for the sick. It's really not a level playing field, however if you choose to believe that it is, that's entirely your right to do so.

As previously mentioned, one of the gentlemen who currently has his shoes on eBay, actually bought the shoes for a true Aliens fan as is card was declined at payment. Those are hardly the actions of a soulless human being, which everyone here is suggesting that all resellers are.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back