Deadmau5 Head

I use pink EPS foam for my ears, with a thin hardcoat. I cut 1/4-20 threaded rod to about 5" length, drill two #7 (0.201") holes into the ears, cover the rod in epoxy, and screw them into the holes. Once the epoxy sets, those rods aren't moving.

I use pink EPS foam for my ears, with a thin hardcoat. I cut 1/4-20 threaded rod to about 5" length, drill two #7 (0.201") holes into the ears, cover the rod in epoxy, and screw them into the holes. Once the epoxy sets, those rods aren't moving.

That's the just of mine too pretty much. Except I have female thread inserted into the ears so the thread screws in and out of the entire ear and helmet. If the ears want to be permanently attached, all you need to do is use Loctite threadlocker on the rod and screw it in.

But for shipping purposes I leave the ears unscrewed.

Hey Bro
Idont know if you got my PM
but it would be great if you could help me :)

Thanks for the compliment. For me, the eyes were one of the hardest pieces to source. I also think it's one part that few people replicate correctly.

For a 14" diameter head, the eyes are 4.5" half-spheres. This means they are 2.25" tall.

There are different versions of the mau5head...his latest ones is the one you are replicating...his earlier red one has eyes the protrude less.

Can someone give me some advice on how to sew the material for the head and what kind of material to use

I found a 4-way stretch red spandex at my local fabric depot. As for sewing, inside out, cut with a rough template I don't have. The ears would be simple, the head - not so much. Protecting it all from wrinkling and sewing it so it wouldn't wrinkle has got to be tricky.

Spiderman,

Your head/method looks sweet; just wondering what you used for the eyes!?

Here's the progress on my head:
5082255043_1b3d67401f.jpg

Bolts will be glued to the 1/2" foam ears tonight.

some heads pass by, but it seems like most listings are pulled just hours before they are due to end. if you can sell it outside ebay, I'd go that route.

I had mine up for 5 days and they pulled it with an hour to go.

Pulled it on what grounds!? There are some pretty weird things that get sold on eBay, I don't understand what part of a replica mask violates the terms of eBay.

Pulled it on what grounds!? There are some pretty weird things that get sold on eBay, I don't understand what part of a replica mask violates the terms of eBay.

The mau5head image is trademarked. It is owned by EMI Records. eBay has a program called VeRo that allows intellectual property owners to file complaints when items being sold infringe on their IP rights.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back