MR TOS Enterprise - new pics

Good point, Phase. The "fan blades" should NOT meet in the middle, as your caps depict.
Hope they're on this. Nevertheless, I find I'm wanting one... BADLY.

<div class='quotetop'>(Kuhn Global @ Jul 19 2006, 05:39 PM) [snapback]1284169[/snapback]</div>
My MR email states "expected to ship winter 2006"
[/b]

I sure hope so. But I am mentally preparing myself for March 07 just in case.

<div class='quotetop'>(The Watchman @ Jul 20 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]1284494[/snapback]</div>
There are some pics here Rebelscum

I hope some of those grid lines will be going away. :(
[/b]
Interesting that the grid lines weren't shown on the early paint masteer pics that were released.

The "delta shield" stand is the one that comes with the model (different paint schemes for the different editions). Also the grid lines are painted and not recessed on the production pieces.

Barry

<div class='quotetop'>(Barry @ Jul 20 2006, 08:58 AM) [snapback]1284505[/snapback]</div>
The "delta shield" stand is the one that comes with the model (different paint schemes for the different editions). Also the grid lines are painted and not recessed on the production pieces.

Barry
[/b]
So Barry,.. I just got done reading your MR Falcon post...

<div class='quotetop'></div>
PS The Enterprise does not have lones on the hull in the production version. We tried to see if we could get extremely thin lines on the saucer to assist with the painting of the piece, but it wasn't possible to get them as small as we desired. The only reason they're on the piece that is on display at Comic Con, is because this is the latest lit, and painted engineering sample, with the correct tan weathering on the saucer.
[/b]

and I wanted to confirm in this thread what you stated.... that the panel lines will not be on the final production of the MR Enterprise?

<div class='quotetop'>(The Watchman @ Jul 20 2006, 11:46 AM) [snapback]1284494[/snapback]</div>
There are some pics here Rebelscum

I hope some of those grid lines will be going away. :(
[/b]
Same here, I have one on order and I really do not like the grid lines. Not a big fan of the new stand either. :(

Jim

Oh gawd. I REALLY hope those grid lines vanish on the production version.
Actually - I'm praying.
Do you know for sure, Barry?
Oh, and please use the TOS font on the plaques - not the movie one which was used on the Phaser / Comm / Tricorder.

EDIT: Sorry to moan so much - but the base of the stand looks like an Ertl stand, cheap and out of place with the quality of the model. I believe MR took the right direction with the Y-wing SS, getting rid of the Laser tower base. I honestly believe 'gimmic' bases look terrible, and would much rather have a plain base that doesn't leap out you and say 'cheese.'

Howard.

Hey guys,

I can DEFINITELY CONFIRM for you that the Enterprise WILL NOT have inscribed panel lines on the saucer. The grid section will be achieved with pencil. We have the factory paint samples to hand, and they are unbelievably good. The reason the grid lined version was displayed at Comic Con is purely because it has the lighting effects installed in it.

The fonts on used on the plaques are FEDERATION HULL and Swiss 911. The Star Trek logo is a special 40th Anniversary Logo created by CBS Studios Inc., who now own the property.

Barry

Agreed on all points. Th grid lines gotta go... or be ghosted back WAY more.... and the domed base was nicer. Simpler is always better. Looks less like a toy that way.

You guys have GOT to get the font right. Classic font. PLEASE.

-r.

Thanks as alway for the info on the grid lines Barry but I'm still not a big fan of the stand, like Howard said it looks a little too "Ertl" to me. A plain, clean stand always looks better.

Jim

sigh of relief indeed... but then again... with the people you have on this project, confidence was high that they would not allow anything less than perfect.

I stood on the bridge of the 1701 Tuesday. Can't wait for this.

Happy anniversary Apollo 11... btw...

luv,
-r.

Saw it in person today. It was dusty. I blew dust off one of the warp engines.

Grid lines gave me a bit of a surprise, (I thought, oh man people are going to freak.) but now I read all will be well. Whew.

Nacelle lighting effects worked well, very nice. a bit bright and on the colorful side but still basically orange dominating. Blades spinning at a good clip. Warp 4 at least. LOL, You could hear the motors whirring a bit, but I would expect that. Rear strobe lights next to hanger doors blink. Top red and green nav lights blink but it is a fade out, then bright again. Little red bridge lights were lit. I dont think any other lights blink other then in the nacelles. Some windows had colored lights behind them. Just two that I noticed. A green window in the secondary and I think amber in the neck. Little tiny lights on top of the nacelles did not light up. At least undetetable in the lighted convention center. The bottom position lights, did not blink just steady on white.

Decals still used, could see the decal film.

Between the paint master and this lighted example I think we now have a complete idea what to expect. Now as long as those Hong Kong artists can replicate the paint master, we're good to go.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back