Salzo T65 V3 Manual

dtssyst

Sr Member
I created a manual to assist me in my build.

7-25-09 Page 1 Cover Page
7-25-09 Page 2 Parts
7-24-09 Page 3 Tools
7-25-09 Page 4 Basic Assembly
7-26-09 Page 5 Basic Assembly
4-17-10 Page 6 Basic Assembly
4-17-10 Page 7 Basic Assembly
4-18-10 Page 8 Basic Assembly
4-18-10 Page 9 Basic Assembly
4-18-10 Page 10

UGJcmeG.png

BgDjuYu.png

MrrPSWB.png

OIUcPE6.png

x30kDtu.png

p8LXHJo.png

Y5wToHT.png

2OHcQgG.png

rxBZXim.png

vn3UloO.png

You can print these out on a full sheet of paper or print in booklet form to save on ink and paper.

The paints I purchased for this kit are...
Floquil Reefer White - 3oz Spray
Floquil Reefer White - 1oz jar
Floquil Caboose Red 1oz jar
Floquil Reefer Yellow - 1oz jar
Floquil Light Green 1oz jar
Floquil Big Sky Blue 1oz jar
Floquil Grime 1oz jar
Floquil Engine Black 1oz jar
Floquil Reefer Gray 1oz jar

v3.1 SS X-Wing build by dtssyst - Resin Illuminati

Last edited:
From someone who is expecting the imminent arrival of a Salzo kit, thank you so much for taking the time to do this.

I am happy that I was able to help.

TK4611, It is awesome that you are able to get one of these fantastic kits. You will be very pleased once it is in your hands. The accuracy of it is beyond words. Post here when it arrives (with pics).

TK4611, It is awesome that you are able to get one of these fantastic kits. You will be very pleased once it is in your hands. The accuracy of it is beyond words. Post here when it arrives (with pics).

Will do!
I got it from eBay, sold by one of the members on this board.
The link is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110514919976&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT and yeah, it's a V2, but your instructions are still very helpful...
Thanks again!

Cheers,

Bruce

I'm curious,

I've got a V3, and that's now how the parts came to me in terms of separation and what parts is attached or separate etc ..

So is that from new molds (I got mine at the end of '08) that were created later maybe as a second batch?

It is a V3.1 that was purchased in '09. This is why some of the parts are a little different. The kit builds about the same. It is 'basic assembly'. I hope that helps answer your question. As for V3 written on the cover, that was by request of Mr. Salzo.

Well, it's here.
And I kinda wish it wasn't. :angry
The castings are, in a word.. I can't think of a word for it.
It has got to be a recast - there is no way that this kit would gain such popularity and value if the quality (or lack thereof) of the castings I received are any indication.
FYI - I didn't expect a kit that I would just shake the box and the pieces would fit together, nor am I a novice at resin kits - but this has to be up there with the worst I have ever seen (and I have seen some shockers).
For a brief summary - the guns are bent, the brass tubing protrudes out the back of the guns, the upper fuselage is warped, the lower fuselage is covered in pinholes, the cockpit is a disaster, the engines have small chips of resin missing... These are actually the GOOD points!
To say that this is going to take a lot of time and effort is a huge understatement - especially considering this was a grail kit for me.
I will try to post pics later today - if I can summon up the enthusiasm to take it back out of it's box. (n)thumbsdown:thumbsdown

Cheers,

Bruce

Please post pics....I don't think I would send out something like that, there are recasts of almost all the versions starting with the captain cardboard one.....

If you don't mind me asking a couple of quick ?'s Is the canopy attached to the fuselage? If the canopy is not it would be either the CC or the V2. Are the guns 1 part, meaning the barrel and the cannon are attached...

thanks
mike

Hi Mike,

It's a V2 - I asked before the auction ended. The canopy is separate and the guns are 1 part. Three of the wings are molded in tan resin and one is white.
I will post some pics later on, but the more I think about it, the more convinced I am that it's a recast.
Cheers,

Bruce

It may be, I did use tan resin, but i don't remember mixing white and tan resin. I did send out a couple of kits of 2nds castings to people at a discount, it's possible one of those made it out into circulation. I however did not make the cannons in a way that the brass should stick out the back of the cannon.

If it is one of my kits that was not up to par i will get you parts to make it right....
mike

Ok, here goes with the pics;

Firstly the nose (which I can't rotate in Photobucket) and the leading edge of the wing, the end caps of the guns and the guns from above.
iphonestuff040.jpg

iphonestuff039.jpg

iphonestuff038.jpg

iphonestuff037.jpg

zipkicker

I can tell you right away just from that wing and those cannons it's a recast , I have been sent pics of similar ones before, of the V2 recast. I think I even know the source of this particular casting.....

The biggest tell for me, other than the quality of the wing, is that the brass in the cannon body is not trimmed, the standard K/S 3/32 brass tube that i use need to be trimmed about 3 inches so that it does not do what you see there, which I did for every cannon i cast, the person recasting this did not realize that it needed to be trimmed....

I am sorry that you got one of these...
mike

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back