"Enterprise" Shutlepod

Okay, so it looks like we're going to see about restoring the instrumentation panels in the cockpit.

I left a message for Doug Drexler on his blog for Mike Okuda on his LinkedIn page, but if anybody has any other suggestions or contacts I'd be happy to get 'em!

And I'll keep everybody posted on the progress, of course. :)

DSC00513.jpg

Because I usually don't have much to contribute, I will take the chance here with another look at Pod 1 I snagged in '04 while at Paramount.

Okay, I've been back and forth with Doug Drexler, and he and Mike Okuda might come out and give the old girl the once over.

Here's some pics we took yesterday to send to Doug:

In the "Doghouse" (what I call the structure that we built to protect it from the elements...)
PodExt1.jpg

PodExt2.jpg

Aft Section with Engines Lit (Florescent lights)
PodEngines.jpg

Looking Fore Into Cockpit
PodFore.jpg

Looking Aft
PodAftClosed.jpg

Same View w/ Rear Panels & Top Hatch Open
PodAftOpen.jpg

Landing Gear
PodLandingGear.jpg

If we work with Doug & Mike to restore her, I'll be sure to document the event. :)

Yes, please do!!! Boy, they really did strip the interior but at least it looks like the major components are still there. At least you wont have to fabricate the front console base, light fixtures, ladder etc. Very cool that Doug and Mike seem willing to help out. Looking forward to updates!

Yes, please do!!! Boy, they really did strip the interior but at least it looks like the major components are still there. At least you wont have to fabricate the front console base, light fixtures, ladder etc. Very cool that Doug and Mike seem willing to help out. Looking forward to updates!

You get the feeling reading their blogs (especially Doug's) that the folks who worked on this stuff are as sad to see it broken up as us fans are.

I have a question. What color is the thing in real life? Sometimes it looks white, gold, silver or grey. I am planning to scratch build one one day so might as well start with the basics, lol.

I have a question. What color is the thing in real life? Sometimes it looks white, gold, silver or grey. I am planning to scratch build one one day so might as well start with the basics, lol.

The pic I posted of the Aft exterior probably shows the true color best...at least on my monitor :)

The body is silver and the nose and horizontal "stripe" down the middle are light gray.

Here's a closer look at what I'm guessing are reaction control thrusters that mount via Velcro onto the hull.
Pod1RCT.jpg

Okay, I've been back and forth with Doug Drexler, and he and Mike Okuda might come out and give the old girl the once over.

-SNIP-

If we work with Doug & Mike to restore her, I'll be sure to document the event. :)

Yay! I'm a facilitator!

Man, when you DO get her finished, you should flatbed her around to local Cons.
You could recoup some of the cost of the restoration.

We are having our big Star Trek auction in June at teh Pasadena Convention Center. Woudl love to add this to the display (even if you don't want to sell it!). We will have some amazing items like Kirk's glasses from TWOK, the Space Suit Model from TMP, a Sulu TOS tunic, Spock's TOS ears, and about 800 lots.

We are working with Trekmovie.com and the auction features the Doug Drexler collection, the Rick Sternbach collection, and more.

I would love to get the Pod on display at the entrance inside the PCC.

Alec

Hey Alec, you'll be getting a call from me soon ;)

And I thought I'd share a couple of pics. I had some special guests out at the site today:

PodPeople3.jpg

PodPeople2.jpg

Yup, that's me, Mike Okuda and Doug Drexler hanging out at the Pod. The three of us ended up sitting inside for about 20 minutes just talking Trek.

Denise came along as well and we started with about an hour's worth of a tour of our facility here before moving outside. A fun time was had by all.

Doug shot a ton of pics and I rather expect they'll be showing up on his blog soon. I'm hoping to get the boys to do the refit on the old girl.

Definitely a red letter day in Steve History. :D

It might be a while...Doug is gonna need some time to mend after being attacked by our "Security System", Gustave from "Primeval". ;)

DougCroc.jpg

Who needs a Junkyard Dog? We've got a Junkyard Crocodile!

Hey Alec, you'll be getting a call from me soon ;)

And I thought I'd share a couple of pics. I had some special guests out at the site today:

PodPeople3.jpg

PodPeople2.jpg

Yup, that's me, Mike Okuda and Doug Drexler hanging out at the Pod. The three of us ended up sitting inside for about 20 minutes just talking Trek.

Denise came along as well and we started with about an hour's worth of a tour of our facility here before moving outside. A fun time was had by all.

Doug shot a ton of pics and I rather expect they'll be showing up on his blog soon. I'm hoping to get the boys to do the refit on the old girl.

Definitely a red letter day in Steve History. :D

Just Awesome!!! Looking forward to updates on this.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back