Farnsworth Discussion

Re: Warehouse 13 Props Research Thread - Farnsworth, Tesla Gun...

I think that rivit in the back is actually a screw. They probably use it to secure the face to the box otherwise it would fall out.

What ever it is it's at about the same place as the clear dome in the front.
Perhaps the dome screws onto it explaining the circular wear on the face.

The pins around the screen may be holding it in place as well

D6

If you'll check post #183 in this thread, you'll see the dingus in the middle of the back of the box is part of the original box, at least for some models of the box (there are at least two slightly different models used on the show).

If I had to take a guess, I would say that the rivet on the back (or whatever it is) was used to cover the embossed manufacturers logo on the fly box.
The logo is located in the same place.

Also, I found a source for the clock lens.
It's one of those cheapie plastic clock inserts you find at arts and craft stores. (The kind that you stick inside those wood carved stands)
129752_z.jpg

I believe this is this is the correct size, but Im going to go to Joann Fabrics tomorrow to verify.

If you'll check post #183 in this thread, you'll see the dingus in the middle of the back of the box is part of the original box, at least for some models of the box (there are at least two slightly different models used on the show).

I don't think that's the back of the box. I believe that's the brass panel that Kylash was working on (He added the pin)

I don't think that's the back of the box. I believe that's the brass panel that Kylash was working on (He added the pin)

You're right; in fact that's the southern-most hole for the four pins around the screen, if I read it right. That said, there's a model of box on the show with four indents in the four corners of the front, and one without. If I'm right, the one with the indents is also the one with the rivet in the center of the back.

I believe one of the the two different types I've noticed on the show is just a blank shell; the other, a fly box which formerly had inserts riveted in; my working theory is that the thing in the center of the back is a rivet, as are the four dents in the front.

Some of the props have dents in all 4 corners front and back seen in Ep 3 when the flashes in the warehouse are going off.
farnsworth15.jpg

This one has them in the face as well.
farnsworth16.jpg

This one has a nice dent in the front cover.
farnsworth17.jpg

D6

yeah, those rivets on the outside panels are odd, they come out on the front, but there seems to be something on the inside there too, so they arent simply pressed into the metal. Not sure if i want that version though.

Anyway, with DARTH's great work on the Farnsworth font, ill be doing some laser tests today into the mirrored styrene.

with the awesome help of everyone here, here is the latest template to be used for the laser engraving ill be doing today. Black are areas that are completely cut through, and grays are engraved depths, darker=deeper.

0272239.jpeg

Last edited:

got my red indicators today, got 2 red ones and one white one just for kicks. As a tet, the white one does seem to be a good size for the center "crystal" but isnt half as transparent as it looks on the prop, so i can rule out that being used, just thought id give it a try though.

Have a link to the source for those?
My boxes and knobs should be here in the next few days.

D6

consolidated our parts source links in the first post, should be easier to find what we've compiled now. Also consolidated some of division 6's screencaps for easy reference.

Last edited:

yup, that was an indentation into a test brass plate i was messing with. There appears to be something in one of those shots where that logo is on the back, but its not clear what it is. Theres gotta be several versions of these, as its not visible on most.

oh, and if any of you guys are thinking of ordering the clear half sphere crystals, dont. I placed my order and they come in a pack of 40, so Ill have a few extras to give away :lol

Re: Warehouse 13 Props Research Thread - Farnsworth

Thanks.
I went to the site list listed and they only have one in stock than I did a search using the same number NTE 2811 RED LENS and found a site selling them for $1.17
Shipping will be far more than the item, minimum rate via UPS $7.79
Moyer Electronics

I also went by JoAnns to see if they had any clock face lenses but the store where I live is to small to carry something like that.:unsure

D6

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah, with all these little parts, shipping is gonna be more than the actual item, so youre better off buying up multiples, just so it doesnt seem like such a ripoff :p

yeah, with all these little parts, shipping is gonna be more than the actual item, so youre better off buying up multiples, just so it doesnt seem like such a ripoff :p

First off big thumbs up. I have a lot of respect for the collaborative efforts in this thread.

Shipping is a sincere witch for one of the items. (red dome, I think) Would make sense for someone to do a group buy and someone to send out padded envelopes.

Anyone know where to find a an extra gold gold tin? I picked up black.

Another question. Do you think a mini LED screen with an mpeg capture would be possible?

Thanks,
-DM

Last edited:

i thought of maybe putting a small ipod behind the screen or something, but im not sure id wanna use my ipod for that lol. Ill probably go with a backlit transparency of Artie's face and use one of those cheap kid voice recorders to play a sound, either an Artie line or the ringing when the pushbutton is activated. I could probably rig all the lights and the play action to the one button.

those jacks on the side appear to be about 3/10 of an inch, just measuring here, or about 7-8mm, around the outside.

Oh, and got this from a hires publicity shot. That little stand will be the next project after we finish this :p
5931670.jpeg

Last edited:

Looked at this at Michaels Arts and Crafts today:

It is also only 2 3/4" across the face of the clear glass and the outside edge is too sharp.

Where are all the 3" clock faces!!!!!!:cry

Also, I found a source for the clock lens.
It's one of those cheapie plastic clock inserts you find at arts and craft stores. (The kind that you stick inside those wood carved stands)
129752_z.jpg

I believe this is this is the correct size, but Im going to go to Joann Fabrics tomorrow to verify.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back