Daft Punk Guy Helmet: Final p.16, TRON p.20

Re: Daft Punk Helmet Build

Holy crap that is cool!! How much did it cost to chrome the two helmets??

Kody

They quoted me $150 for both, but since they had to do some touch-up repairs after the guys at M&M trashed the helmets, it'll likely be more than that. I'll post when I pick them up on Friday.

I wish all painting was that easy. lol Looks like they just liberally spray it where ever. Looks awesome though. :love

If I see you at Dragon*Con, I will be sure to say hello. :thumbsup

Wow, that's amazing! Do they charge based on size? I have a couple of small bits I'd like chromed, but I always thought it was cost a ridiculous amount of money to do it.

Wow, that's amazing! Do they charge based on size? I have a couple of small bits I'd like chromed, but I always thought it was cost a ridiculous amount of money to do it.

Not sure. Next month I'll be making the hand plates and sending them out as well, so I'll make sure to ask about that when I'm there.

Geez, I wish a can o' Rustoleum could look that good. Thanks muchly for sharing that video, it kindof like, "demistifies" the magic a li, and tis nice to see what goes on behind the scenes :)

impressive video indeed, i wish i understood how the hell they do it :confused

-z

I wondered the same thing and found this site that explained the process. Just scroll down half way for the explanation.

damn, the video was awesome, and helmet rock so hard.

and I just want to say, F@()&$ mmmetalizing.com, what a bunch of douchbags!

Closer and closer....

3868439518_9a60bcd249_b.jpg

3867658291_0ee0bc7674_b.jpg

3868439986_8526636832_b.jpg

That's a scrap visor (note the webbing in the plastic) and a scrap mold I'm using just for fitment.

even still... I'm loving this. The visor is very easy to see out of - similar to dark tinted sunglasses. Its 1/16" PETG painted with automotive tail light tinting spraypaint. The sides got thicker coats then the front to make viewing easier.

Wow, I don't check this thread for a few days and there is so much progress!

My jaw is still on the floor, sir :thumbsup

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back