Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland Costumes

Thanks for the link!
I was looking at the overpriced pairs being hawked on ebay. I figured someone would find the source sooner or later.
Thinking of doing this one for my wife.

to me the pattern and material on the hat doesnt look like leather or cloth but paper doilies. this would make since for the mad hatter to use something found at a tea party

Any thought's on this bird thing?

bird.jpg

Potentially beaded, probably embroidered ... not sure.

It appears to be an embroidered patch that is sewn on the jacket. Look at the leaves and how the cross through the opening of the chest pocket.

I am sure it is something obscure that was found in a flea market or Goodwill in which someone said, "Hey that would look cool on JD!" Of course we will never be able to find it.............:angry

And suddenly we're searching Hippie sites high and low. (But usualy high, tis' the hippie way.)

I saw a picture of someone at D*Con dressed as the Hatter BTW....

Any thought's on this bird thing?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v417/GarySeven/bird.jpg

Potentially beaded, probably embroidered ... not sure.

It looks painted to simulate embroidery, but then the whole pic looks painted so it may just be a resolution issue. Then again my great aunt did a lot of fabric painting and it looked an awful lot like this- I learnt how to fabric paint many many years ago too.
If it is embroidery then it looks like two lines of gold thread couched for the outlines and long satin stitches used for the filler. Floss for the filler.

Shaping it was probably the easiest task on this entire project.
Still need to add scarf flowers, finish the feather & make a proper card, but nearly finished.

l_4abfa00030d34bdd8f35b9471c0dc76c.jpg

l_ad8f8edd1c4d42bd8f57eef6f75346cf.jpg

Hey Nick, check that bird again. I've seen a pic that the tail end is free of the fabric. Unless it's not completely joined to the coat, or maybe it's a funky pin?
I also noticed another little branch poking out the top of that side's lapel, it looks like it's part of the bird piece.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back