Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland Costumes

Kel, Can you put that wig on so we can see what it looks like on a real head? (No better way to say it... sorry)

Ask and you shall receive! The wig has more of a red-ish tint to it. The flash makes it look brighter than it really is.

surprise.jpg

I don't believe the MH wigs from Charades starts shipping until September.

I thought the same but it is a Charades wig :)

charades.jpg

Look at all you hatters out there XP Btw, that Charades wig has excellent potential

In Um news, I stumbled apon an almost perfect striped sheer at my local fabric store. A whole roll of it! *squee*

Next time I go, I can snap a pic of it if anyone's interested/is still looking for something :)

Wow, you guys have some amazing designs. I'm really envying the Alice dress but I'm quite short and have black hair (hate wigs, don't mind temporary extensions though) so I have no reason to make/buy it (though I might anyway, haha..) but I just wanted to compliment you guys.
I was the "Queen of Hearts" once (store bought though with my own added flare) before the Burton version.
You guys are all amazing, I can't wait to see more pics. :)

Not bad looking wigs there :) I bought a real hair wig - blonde and had it dyed, cut and styled - it's lookling really good now!

All the best

I'm thinking about buying that wig too just to see which one will have the best potential. Then again, I was thinking about just cutting and dying my own hair but SOOOO not looking forward to all the teasing that would have to be done.

I also noticed two different set of 'official' hat pins floating about for pre-order. The first one you posted and then there is this one here...

Mad Hatter Hat Pins - Mad Hatter Halloween Costume Accessories

I'm thinking the latter of the two might be the actual pins as the first set looks like a 'prototype' of sorts and the second looks like the actual product in the box.

I also wanted to throw this out there as a word of caution. By recommendation from a local costume shop, I ordered a hat that I planned to mod through spirithalloween.com, however, their advertised hat is not what I received... I ordered what was on the left and got the mess on the right which I can't do anything with. I can't even salvage the frame because it's WAY too small, even for my pimple of a head...

hatewww.jpg

After I called and complained, they marked the item as 'unavailable' on their website. Mad Hatter Top Hat in Accessories & Hats Basic Accessories New for 2010 Accessories They offered to refund my money if I paid to ship it back and paid a restocking fee, but it's not worth all the hassle when I could just sell it online for the full price I paid for it. Ah well. Looks like I'll have to try and make my own from the bottom up since I don't have anymore 'mad money' to spend on another hat after buying my textbooks for college :(

The yellow-gold semi-sparkly layer. I can tell it's not the right TYPE of fabric, but it's the perfect colour with the same semi-sparkle. AND WAS ONLY $3! Yay.

Ooooo! Nice find!

After this mad DCon rush I'm doing with costumes I'm going to try and cut those daisies out of fabric on my Cricut.....if it works I'll totally hook you up. It cuts taffeta with the double sided fusible really well....but the flowers might be too many small cuts for it to like. It has the exact daisy pattern and does it well on paper so keep your fingers crossed! I'll let you know!

There is one seller on eBay who has these in stock already, and I believe them to be official as he has posted pics of the packaging. Mine should be arriving between today and Tuesday. At that point, I'll be doing SOME makeup testing, and I'll post pics of the wig for your viewing pleasure.

I also wanted to throw this out there as a word of caution. By recommendation from a local costume shop, I ordered a hat that I planned to mod through spirithalloween.com, however, their advertised hat is not what I received... I ordered what was on the left and got the mess on the right which I can't do anything with. I can't even salvage the frame because it's WAY too small, even for my pimple of a head...

hatewww.jpg

After I called and complained, they marked the item as 'unavailable' on their website. Mad Hatter Top Hat in Accessories & Hats Basic Accessories New for 2010 Accessories They offered to refund my money if I paid to ship it back and paid a restocking fee, but it's not worth all the hassle when I could just sell it online for the full price I paid for it. Ah well. Looks like I'll have to try and make my own from the bottom up since I don't have anymore 'mad money' to spend on another hat after buying my textbooks for college :(

I hope you're getting a refund. Talk about false advertisment..........

Sorry about the hat! Now that they responded to your first inquiry regarding a return I would do the following:

1. Tell them what you paid for is NOT what was listed on their website. Mention that you are on a fixed budget and returning the item plus restocking fee costs about as much as the hat.
2. Send them numerous side by side pictures with a description of each view showing the differences.
- Their hat has a design from a lace material and yours is straight black with no lace.
- Their hat is not deformed in shape and yours is collapsing and dented in all areas.
And whatever else you notice.

3. Tell them that you are taking your situation to the Better Business Bureau BBB IF they don't offer you a full refund, including the shipping and NO restocking fee.
4. Now actually report them to the BBB. They are registered with the BBB.

Business Contact and Profile for Halloween Costumes.com

Name: Halloween Costumes.com Phone: (507) 386-0207 Fax: (507) 386-0517 Address: 1415 1st Ave.

Mankato, MN 56001
They already have 14 complaints against them regarding the return or exchange policy.

I hate when companies sell you something that is NOT what they display on their website.

I'm thinking about buying that wig too just to see which one will have the best potential. Then again, I was thinking about just cutting and dying my own hair but SOOOO not looking forward to all the teasing that would have to be done.

I also noticed two different set of 'official' hat pins floating about for pre-order. The first one you posted and then there is this one here...

Mad Hatter Hat Pins - Mad Hatter Halloween Costume Accessories

I'm thinking the latter of the two might be the actual pins as the first set looks like a 'prototype' of sorts and the second looks like the actual product in the box.

hatewww.jpg

Only if she pays shipping and a restocking fee.

It'd me opinion they should pay her a BS fee. :angry

Speaking of unwhich....How do you guys who made your coats make the black fuzzy part of it? Or the weather elements of it? I'm going to buy that coat on ebay, but instead of just having the black on the fabric, I'd like to have actual weathering. :)

Fangs, that would be awesome!!! Thanks! I look forward to hearing how it turns out. :D

And that wig that's yet to be available looks GREAT. The other one definitely has potential...it looks amazing on a wig head but looks so small and short when it's on...ironically enough, I went through that exact problem when making Travis'. xD It's always so deceiving!!!!

And I don't understand those hat pins...they looks so good and then they just went and put a big BLOB of a gemstone on the 'heart' one. WTF?

Jodo, I used glue and pulled apart felt of different colours. When the glue dries it leaves big dark smeary spots and because it's obviously clear drying it still matches the base coat. You know, instead of painting it on and getting the tone wrong or something...

I wish I would've known it was layered silk before I made it. I would've loved to do it that actual way and go lighter-happy on it. XD

Made a few of my own hatpins... not 100% screen accurate, but I love them anyways :)

hatpins.jpg

Made more than one set and ended up having a ton of purple beaded ones left over. LOL

Look at all you hatters out there XP Btw, that Charades wig has excellent potential

In Um news, I stumbled apon an almost perfect striped sheer at my local fabric store. A whole roll of it! *squee*

Next time I go, I can snap a pic of it if anyone's interested/is still looking for something :)

How much per yard? I may be interested if we don't have any luck in a coupla weeks. Thanks for the offer. Look forward to seeing pix. I DID find a close enough in SF but the stripes were blue.

We're starting the petti part of the dress so still time til we build the white stripey section. Though, the friskars heart shape we got works perfect for the ribbon. Picked up a 2" ribbon and can get 2 hearts cut out for every inch or so. 75 hearts cut so far!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back