Please produce a 1/24th scale Imperial Probe Droid for despatch pod!

Scott Graham

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
There's an ESB probe droid despatch pod being cast by REL (mastered by Ralphee) which seems to be just about the right size for a probe droid in 1/24 scale.

I remember the SMT (I think it was SMT) kit mastered by Alfred Wong, but that's not available anymore.

What I'm getting at is that I think there'd be some desire out here for a 1/24 probe droid, and it would be awesome if someone produced one!!! :love

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
The SMT Prove Droid is very hard to find.It took me a long time to find one,but every now and then one pops up on E-Bay,or you can try putting an add up in the starship modeler forum.That's where I got mine(a heafty $325.00) and its worth every penny.

Thanks for the advice. Just did some homework and it seems the SMT droid was 1/6 scale...not bad as a companion piece.

Post-SMT there was another made in 1/24 scale by Blue Moon (?-I think).

I think there is a 1/24 scale Probe Droid,but I don't recall who made/makes it.I know there is a 1/72 scale Probe Droid.You should go to the "store" on the starship modeler web site and go through Star Wars "full kits".I'm not sure how good of a kit is was?

I know the SSM store well. That's where I first saw the 1/24 scale one from blue moon. Oh well, enough begging...maybe I've got to make one!

I don't think Blue Moon made it.I can't be 100% sure, but I think (what's it called) Black Sun Models in the store/shop forum made it,but the kit has been discontinued.

I don't think Blue Moon made it.I can't be 100% sure, but I think (what's it called) Black Sun Models in the store/shop forum made it,but the kit has been discontinued.

I checked my stash... RMC had one. Is this what you where thinking of?

Yur right,I did some looking up earlier today and RMC is the one who made it.Starship modeler doesn't list them in the modeling store anymore.I guess they went the way of the doh doh?Apparently Alfred Wong made the masters.

Now that I've collected a lot of kits for the ESB at-st I'll have a lot of extra parts that are used on the pod, soooooooo....

I'm thinking of a diorama with the probe droid rising out of the remains of the despatch pod.

Very happy you're producing the kit shadowknight!

Are you going to do the whole droid is SS?

I was thinking of contacting REL to see if he had a bad pull he could send me so I could made a diorama like that too. :lol

Last edited:
I've got 2 of the hulls and parts from the 8 rad. I thought I'd just pretend it's in scale with the 1/24 droid. Building an interior would be fun. Good idea to ask about reject castings...

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back