My Rocketeer Project *Updated 3/30/09* REPLICA BUCKLE

Re: My Rocketeer Project Updated 9/02

This project is amazing! I've always been a fan of the Rocketeer and am anxiously watching your progress.....and $150 is not too high IMHO for work on this level of detail.

Let me clarify:

The Rocketeer gauntlets that I just showed are not the ones that Utinni made, they are ones I made myself.... I probably should have made my own thread I guess and not hijacked this one. I just posted the pics here because it was a related project. I apologize to Utinni if he feels I hijacked his progress thread.

This project is amazing! I've always been a fan of the Rocketeer and am anxiously watching your progress.....and $150 is not too high IMHO for work on this level of detail.

^ No problem Veedox! I was meaning to tell you great work!!! You did a couple details that I have in my newer versions. I'll post new pictures soon!

I'm currently working on 1 commissioned pair of gloves right now for a board member, once that pair is done I'll have an open slot for anyone else that is interested!

- Jeff

^ No problem Veedox! I was meaning to tell you great work!!! You did a couple details that I have in my newer versions. I'll post new pictures soon!

I'm currently working on 1 commissioned pair of gloves right now for a board member, once that pair is done I'll have an open slot for anyone else that is interested!

- Jeff
Hi Jeff,

Please count me in on a set,, if you can email me here at steve_hird@hotmail.com when your ready , that would be awesome! I would say PM me but I dont check the RPF every day..

Huge thanks,,
Steve

Heya Jeff - I just mailed off two sets of buttons all wired up, sleeved, and ready to go! PSYCHED!!

Ok cool Jason, I'll keep an eye out for the box!

I think what I'll do is start a list of people that are interested and just work my way down as I go. That way I won't be flooded with orders all at once and people won't get mad if there are any delays. I'll post about it soon! Thanks again for everyone's kind words and interest!

- Jeff

Got the box Jason, thanks! Here are your gloves currently:

IMG_1438-vi.jpg

One all stitched up, the other's glue is drying at the moment. I'm working on the new pattern for the top part. Hopefully I can fit the Control buttons on with the wires, the heat shrink is a bit stiff. We'll see. I'll keep you up to date as I continue.

- Jeff

I know I haven't updated this thread in a long time. But I thought I'd update it since I got a VERY cool box today, that had one of THESE in it:

Picture001-vi.jpg

Which will go great with one of my upper buckles!
IMG_4175-vi.jpg

Here's some of the updates I forgot to add:
My handmade Harness ver.1
IMG_4234-vi.jpg

Updated Ver.2 of the Gauntlets
IMG_4284-vi.jpg

The Fan
IMG_4173-vi.jpg

IMG_4290-vi.jpg

Halloween '08
b-vi.jpg

e-vi.jpg

a-vi.jpg

c-vi.jpg

h-vi.jpg

Things I still need to do/redo:
- Better Boots
- New Harness
- 3td try at the Gauntlets
- Finish Resin Helmet
- Better Engine tubes/details
- Full Repaint of Pack

- Jeff

Re: My Rocketeer Project Updated 3/23/09

sweet! Congrats on the buckles, we know how tough it can be to find one of those...
and how expensive.
mike

Thanks guys! Yeah, big thanks goes out to a fellow finhead that was nice enough to contact me and offer an extra one he had. Very cool of him! Thank you very much, you know who you are!

My last big thing to tackle is to redo the harness and pick up a pair of boots from Indy Magnoli.

A word of caution, anyone thinking about doing a Rocketeer costume, think REAL hard about it first, check your bank account and then think about it again! crazy money involved. :lol but I have no regrets!!!

- Jeff

wow Jeff - amazing work you have going on there. Your attention to detail is great. Many have skipped (including myself) the fine details that you have put into your costume. One of the most skipped pieces are those buckles. Not only are they expensive (and for those who don't know, they could cost more than the helmet - and sometimes they sell for as much as a rocket pack [depending on the rocket pack of course]) but they're also hidden behind the flap of the jacket so they're rarely seen.

The control gauntlet is also a nice piece of work - stunning stuff.

If I may ask - your rocket pack - does it have metal exhaust fins or resin ones? any tips on how to get metal fins for my pack? My resin ones keep breaking on me.

Thanks

Thanks! Yeah it's kinda nuts to spend all the money on the buckles, I have about $1,000 invested just into those, and they aren't even seen on the finished costume! But it's that extra mile and details that I need to have :confused.

Due to the bulge of the lower buckle when worn with the jacket, I'm thinking about having 2 different harnesses. One like I have set up now using 2 of the upper buckles for Cons, and then another one with the lower buckle when it's on display. Majority of the shots you see in the movie, the lower buckle isn't on the harness due to the bulge under the jacket bib.

Are you talking about the flaps under the engines? Mine are machined metal, I can PM the info to you if you like.

- Jeff

Absolutely beautiful work - it's gorgeous!!! And those buckles, ohhh man.

Thanks Jason, and your gloves ARE on my bench, I haven't forgotten about you!

- Jeff

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back