Mr Blobby Replica Project ( Yes Really)

SGTBASH

Hello all thought I'd start a thread for a project i'm going to be undertaking. I've always been a fan of British Icon Mr Blobby & have decided its time to finally build a replica of this icon. If anyone has advice or tips they are greatly appreciated. Or if anyone has seen the real Blobby & has dimensions i would be over the moon.

I've decided to start on the eyes as they look quite simple. I will update as i get into this Blobtastic project. Wish me luck ;)

Attachments

• IMG_4385.jpg
    IMG_4385.jpg
    644.2 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_4387.jpg
    IMG_4387.jpg
    696.3 KB · Views: 66
Thought I’d do a short update as I’m slowly gathering parts. I decided to tackle the eyes first as they are quite simple. I managed to find a 100mm fillable bauble & gently cut off the tabs & I think it looks quite good. I also got some acrylic discs for the white of his eye & his iris. The iris is a little lighter in colour but it’s not a huge deal. I also managed to find spring wobblers( which are usually used for shop displays) & I think they work really in giving his eyes that iconic jiggle.

Adding the black stickers to his eyes really made it come alive for me. Obviously I still need to attach his lovely lashes ( which is going to be crepe wool) & his eyelid. But at the moment I’m happy. I’ve never done a project like this so it’s the little wins. Slow & steady wins the race as they say.

IMG_5003.jpeg
IMG_5004.jpeg

Hello all thought I'd start a thread for a project i'm going to be undertaking. I've always been a fan of British Icon Mr Blobby & have decided its time to finally build a replica of this icon. If anyone has advice or tips they are greatly appreciated. Or if anyone has seen the real Blobby & has dimensions i would be over the moon.

I've decided to start on the eyes as they look quite simple. I will update as i get into this Blobtastic project. Wish me luck ;)
Let me know how you get on with dimensions, I’m trying to do the exact same, but been warned from the owners of mr Blobby that it’s a copyright issue etc so they won’t give out dimensions etc.

Let me know how you get on with dimensions, I’m trying to do the exact same, but been warned from the owners of mr Blobby that it’s a copyright issue etc so they won’t give out dimensions etc.
Hi mate the dimensions have been the bit that’s slowed this project down but I thought you’d appreciate this email that I got today from the prop store as much as I did

I believe these dimensions are for just the head & body one piece but I’m not too sure so if replied just to get confirmation. If not I’d say the legs are close to 2ft long which would take the entire costume when put together a total of just over 6ft tall which I believe is how tall Mr Blobby. Don’t know why I didn’t email the Propstore first when they were selling one last year. It’s always the last place you contact lol.

Attachments

• IMG_5508.jpeg
    IMG_5508.jpeg
    239.7 KB · Views: 35
How are you getting on with yours? I’ve almost finished his head, still trying to work out how to get the voice though haha
Unfortunately I’ve stalled and haven’t had time to even start the head. Did you make a pattern for the head cause that was one of the main issues I’ve been having. Regarding the voice I know the real blobby uses a Vocalist Live 4. From what i can tell it’s three different channels. 1 low pitch, 2 high pitch & the third is unedited. Combining them all together seems to give it that iconic voice.

Something I have managed to get is the official Pantone colours for Blobby

PANTONE 1765

COLOUR VALUES: RGB 255 163 181

HEX/HTML FFA3B5

CMYK 0 42 9 0

Would love to see what progress you’ve done. Give me some inspiration to get back into this project.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back