Friends intercom

Visker

Hello

This for the fans of FRIENDS and the props..

Found that the intercom is a TEK TONE, year unknown.. Haven´t seen that many for sale, so if somebody decides to 3D-print this and make a decal with the faux wood and text, i would buy it right away.. Could be fun to build in the voices from the Friends cast if you press the buttons..

TecTone.jpg427a334b85317287b4d8303af6c6e3de.jpg

Last edited:
Really cool idea. I love little innocuous, unassuming props like this. something you could hang by your front door, or inside a nerd room, and no one would bat an eye, until the fired up the voice on it, and then there's not a single person that wouldn't at least be amused. The kind of prop that brightens someone's day.

I swear my grandparents had this exact system in their house (It looks so familiar to me, and not from the show)
It was installed in their house in the late 70's or early 80's. Their system even had a in-wall fold down record player, and dual cassette mechanism.

Here is a somewhat close modern copy.

Thanks for the comment, KojiroVance..:thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the comment, Strikerkc..:thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the comment, x197..:thumbsup

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the comment, Zapwizard..:thumbsup

Hello

This for the fans of FRIENDS and the props..

Found that the intercom is a TEK TONE, year unknown.. Haven´t seen that many for sale, so if somebody decides to 3D-print this and make a decal with the faux wood and text, i would buy it right away.. Could be fun to build in the voices from the Friends cast if you press the buttons..

View attachment 829606View attachment 829607

That sucks.... last month one ended for $12 plus shipping... and it was brand new unused:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/TekTone-in...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Thanks Moviefreak. That was very nice of you. It would have been so cool to have.. A little sad, but i hope it is gone to a good home(with a purple wall);)

Thanks Moviefreak. That was very nice of you. It would have been so cool to have.. A little sad, but i hope it is gone to a good home(with a purple wall);)
I’ll keep searching and if one pops up, I’ll PM you. :thumbsup

You know, I was really hoping I'd be the guy to figure out the site rod on the Blade Runner blaster, but I'll take this victory for now, because I knew that thing looked familiar. I dug through my photos from my four years living in Brooklyn because I had one of one of my birds cuddling with our intercom, and I think what you're actually after is made by a company called Lee Dan (or maybe they're the same company.)

This isn't my photo, but notice the position of the screw holes, which match up with your reference photo.

Fun fact: I left NY in early 2017 :)(), but I can still let people into the building because the property manager had the intercom system tied to my phone instead of the box you see there. I have the number blocked, actually, because I keep getting calls whenever UPS wants to drop off a package... and yeah, I know the right thing to do would be to call the building owner and let them know they should change it for the "new" tenant, but I like that I can still open doors in my favorite city from 3,000 miles away. :)

20150702_092321.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, nusilver. You´re right about the position of the screw holes. I looked around a bit and found this. A TekTone but with the correct screw holes.. I think i just found the push buttons.

s-l1600.jpg

Attachments

• replacement-rectangular-white-plastic-intercom-push-button-w-2-solder-terminals-jib-010-intercom.png
    replacement-rectangular-white-plastic-intercom-push-button-w-2-solder-terminals-jib-010-intercom.png
    257.7 KB · Views: 166
  • replacement-rectangular-white-plastic-intercom-push-button-w-2-solder-terminals-jib-010-intercom.png
    replacement-rectangular-white-plastic-intercom-push-button-w-2-solder-terminals-jib-010-intercom.png
    177.3 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back