I can't tell what this is on the wall. Anyone have an idea?

MakingFriends21

I am recreating some props from the TV Show 'Friends'. I was wondering if anyone knew what this one specifically is? It is ABOVE the poster, not the poster. I thought it looked like a pair of wings at first, but now.. I don't think they are. Anyone ever seen this before>
Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 7.12.58 PM.png

It is an architectural element of some kind! It is not present in all of the shots of that wall so it is added at some point or taken away. It may have just been some scrap of set dressing that they repurposed for the show set. Just as a side note, the poster was there to cover a cut out in the wall that they used to film through. I am afraid that with out a more direct image or someone from the set department weighing in on that it is going to be difficult to tell exactly what it is.

It is an architectural element of some kind! It is not present in all of the shots of that wall so it is added at some point or taken away. It may have just been some scrap of set dressing that they repurposed for the show set. Just as a side note, the poster was there to cover a cut out in the wall that they used to film through. I am afraid that with out a more direct image or someone from the set department weighing in on that it is going to be difficult to tell exactly what it is.
Yeah, like a lot of the props they moved them around, added and took away. This one just baffles me though. Now if could only find that buffet lol

I tried to blow this up, but there are no good size pix, so the image went to hell. You can kinda see it better, but I have no idea what it is. Searching yielded nothing. Only info on the poster. Sorry.
Monicas 3.JPG

Monicas Thing 2.JPG

Monicas Thing.JPG

Yeah, like a lot of the props they moved them around, added and took away. This one just baffles me though. Now if could only find that buffet lol
That looks like a 1920 art deco waterfall buffet. It is probably an actual antique from some shop that a show runner found. There will be lots of similar Buffets, finding the same one may be difficult. Most that have been well taken care of, or restored will be $1500 to $2500 price range

That looks like a 1920 art deco waterfall buffet. It is probably an actual antique from some shop that a show runner found. There will be lots of similar Buffets, finding the same one may be difficult. Most that have been well taken care of, or restored will be $1500 to $2500 price range
I've had a difficult time finding anything even close. Having some more info to go on, helps, so thank you for that!

You may want to try antique, recovered or recycled in your search. I didn't have much luck. The reason I thought about it, was that recently I saw an article online that dealt with a NY property that really fell into disrepair. So much so that it would be cheaper to bulldoze than to renovate. Incredible wood mouldings that rotted shamefully away. It would have been such a beautiful place if someone just fixed the roof, but water probably did most of the damage.

TazMan2000

Just watched the FRIENDS reunion trailer and, remarkably, that thing is in it! Yikes did some of them get old and fat (Anniston still looks like a million from the back). Maybe some new sources will arise to ID this thing. Fingers crossed.

Friends Reunion 1.JPG

So I talked to someone who worked on the set and she told me that this was in fact, a wooden architectural piece! For the record, in my search for wings I found this to be crazy close to an old set of airline wings used back in the day for an airline I have never even heard of (I'd have to search again to recall the name) only sans an eagle body. I thought perhaps it had broken off, but nope! All those who said it was related to a building, were correct. Thank you for your help!!!!!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back