My REAL PARTS Aliens M314 Motion Tracker

RoyDeckard

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So Aliens is one of, if not my, favorite action films of all time, and one prop from it has always caught my eye: The M314 Motion Tracker. I have no clue what it is about the item, but it had always appealed to me. I have been looking into options (Inckuding Spats replica) and decided on a real parts build. I was looking for quite a while trying to find all the parts, but to no avail. Until I found all the real parts in one go.

dadf8498817ab113bd75d6a530985da4.jpg

So what I have here is:
A Kango 422 drill (exactly the same as the 426. Side note, do we know for sure it was the 426 was used or do most people like to use that particular drill because of a certain planet?)

A Hama Slide Viewer with the Vivitar Parts already glued on and the piece painted. I also have one extra Vivitar part.

The correct Olympus T28 Slide

The Casio SL Calculator buttons

The Matchbox Power Transformer (already glued onto the Kango)

The Hama Self timer with box (already painted the Box)

The Jobo Blacklight gutted and painted.

The Hama remote control

A Sphygmomanometer inner casing (this is the one piece where I’m not 100% sure it’s real... looks like a metal cast to me but I will take it! I also got a resin cast one.)

6 Tiny cans of vintage Humbrol 170. And I do mean TINY

9bf47578bb8e861547e26cbdd11ac181.jpg

These things are adorable!

And finally, the sling mounds AND a sling from Noble.

So I got this kit and I have a solid idea of what i’m doing but the kit is missing a few parts; particularly the wires and plates to put the wires on. I have no idea where to even start with getting these parts, and I also got this piece in the kit and I don’t know exactly where it goes, if anywhere.

42938db2f97fe2d3a6235c59338f7b2d.jpg

The guy was also cool enough to throw in some Colonial Marines patches and a Pentax lens for an M10 build. Perhaps that will happen in the future? [emoji6]

a39b3f3e4f8f263481fee61c9de59d19.jpg

Anyway, guys who have build this before, sound off and help me not royally screw this up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah ive made my own real part motion tracker but i had to go through the whole process of hunting those pieces down. Some of them not too easy to find neither. Nice find to get them all in one go like that and with all that humbrol 170 too. They may be tiny but they go a real long way. I've just painted a whole set of armour with them!

The jack part holds the hama viewer on the drill body. Female on the drill side male on the viewer.

Here is the guide i used to build mine http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/mt/construct/. If you follow that you shouldn't go far wrong. The hardest part was gutting that drill but you have already had that done for you by the looks of things.

Heres my tracker! Let me know if you need any help with anything!

.20170722_164223.jpg20170610_152720.jpg20170722_164136.jpg20170708_190404.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back