Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Yes, and from what I heard rumored about Luke’s dream that is the prologue for TLJ novel, he dreams of a life where he turned the droids over to the Empire, stayed on Tatooine, and married Cami, the Koo Stark character.

He probably would have gotten better off with that, she was absolutely stunning.

This novel has a lot of work cut out for it if it's going to change my mind about the movie at all. Just saying.

Dunno, I think the novelization of Revenge of the Sith is really good and it got the most out of the source material, but it never made me change my mind about the movie.
That aforementioned Luke scene again could have been a great platform to deepen the character, I quite like the idea.

Thanks for the link Bryan. Unfortunately, at least for me, who cares !!.
The time for has come and gone for that back ground information. Really
all it does is high light Rian Johnson's failure as a film maker, relying on supplemental
media to flesh out his story.

Just reporting the news without editorial. :) I’m looking forward to reading it, I try and read most of the film adaptations and ancillary books.

Thanks for the link Bryan. Unfortunately, at least for me, who cares !!.
The time for has come and gone for that back ground information. Really
all it does is high light Rian Johnson's failure as a film maker, relying on supplemental
media to flesh out his story.

Same for me too. Nice try, but a little bit too late. I feel like there trying to quietly mop up the mess they made by now having info that should have been in the movie.

Same for me too. Nice try, but a little bit too late. I feel like there trying to quietly mop up the mess they made by now having info that should have been in the movie.

Well, I don't think that's entirely fair. Ryan delivered a 2:20 movie as it is. I understand we can pick it apart and say take this out, put that in, but at the end of the day he made the choices he made. These novels have always afforded an opportunity to expand on the film content starting with Revenge of the Sith which was chocker block full of new and interesting stuff. Even TFA had new material in it. I would rather read it and enjoy it instead of being cynical about it. :)

Well, I don't think that's entirely fair. Ryan delivered a 2:20 movie as it is. I understand we can pick it apart and say take this out, put that in, but at the end of the day he made the choices he made. These novels have always afforded an opportunity to expand on the film content starting with Revenge of the Sith which was chocker block full of new and interesting stuff. Even TFA had new material in it. I would rather read it and enjoy it instead of being cynical about it. :)

I totally agree with you. Books always go more into detail than the movie ever does which is why the books always tend to be better than the movies. However, this information about Snoke should have been in the movie, even if it was just a few sentences. It would have deepened the character and his importance to the story.
IMO, this movie sorely lacked in exploring the depth of characters. I felt like it spent more time on superficial details that was ment more to just entertain instead of giving us good story and character development. This is what I wanted and I'm sure many fans wanted that too.
I also feel like they are trying to sell us on the book by saying "Hey, we're giving you the Snoke details that you wanted.", instead of having those details in the movie where they should have been.
Who Snoke is, was an obvious big question left over from TFA. I'm not sure where the disconnect was for Rian Johnson? Was it that he didn't pick up on the big question from TFA? Was it that he decided to not give us that answer because we were expecting It? Did he do it to F with us? I know he said he didn't think Snoke's history is important, but it actually is. If it wasn't important then the book would not mention anything about his history either. If he really ment that, then that's worrisome from a story telling point of view.

I was actually trying to stop posting about TLJ so I can finally move on, but just when I thought I was out....they keep pulling me back in.

Aarrgghhh !!! ... sorry Bryan , wish I hadn’t read this ...

.. it just makes me despise Rian Johnson even more than I had beforehand :facepalm - or more accurately , the freakin’ choices HE made ( with LF’s / Disney ‘s blessings ) and ended up shoveling down our throats as ‘ Pt.II ‘ of the trilogy ! :angry

Last edited:
I totally agree with you. Books always go more into detail than the movie ever does which is why the books always tend to be better than the movies.

If it's a book that a movie is based on then yes. I've yet to come across a novelization that was made after the movie that is actually a good read instead of an extended and sort of ham-fisted script. The only one was ROTS, it's like the writer knew that there's potential in the story and the characters and decided to explore them unlike the script did. But most novelizations to me are just cutting up, plating up and spoonfeeding information that is told visually in a movie, that's why most novelizations don't work for me. It's like reading the description of a painting. Sure, you can imagine it, but it's not the same as seeing the actual painting.

However, this information about Snoke should have been in the movie, even if it was just a few sentences. It would have deepened the character and his importance to the story.
IMO, this movie sorely lacked in exploring the depth of characters. I felt like it spent more time on superficial details that was ment more to just entertain instead of giving us good story and character development. This is what I wanted and I'm sure many fans wanted that too.
I also feel like they are trying to sell us on the book by saying "Hey, we're giving you the Snoke details that you wanted.", instead of having those details in the movie where they should have been. [...]
If it wasn't important then the book would not mention anything about his history either. If he really ment that, then that's worrisome from a story telling point of view.

I personally wasn't bothered by the Snoke thing or the Rey thing, but I totally agree with you. It absolutely contradicts Rian's decision and reasons for not including this in the movie and feels tacked on by a committee after doing social media analysis.

I can't wait to see the home video numbers for TLJ. You can't miss the hard sell that Disney is placing on "14 Deleted Scenes!". I don't remember TFA needing some gimmick to shift units. There is also this weird subtext to it of, "Not a fan of what you saw? Come check out something you didn't see!"

Last edited:
I can't wait to see the home video numbers for TLJ. You can't miss the hard sell that Disney is placing on "14 Deleted Scenes!". I don't remember TFA needing some gimmick to shift units. There is also this weird subtext to it of, "Not a fan of what you saw? Come check out something you didn't see!"

As I recall, people were underwhelmed and put off by the lack of supplemental material on the TFA release and were vocal about that. That’s most likely why they are trying to market TLJ’s additional content more aggressively.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back