Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Yep, just like when I brought up Kylo Ren's face wound and how short a time it would take to heal and one of the others kept trying to gloss over it. But yeah...that behavior seems to be infectious.

I mean, these people like the movie. They're fans of it, and that is fine. But if you want to come on an internet forum, join the discussion. Then you should at least be fair to the other users who are directly communicating with you. Because, frankly, the people who are ignoring points would want their own point acknowledged if they made it.

Can someone list another SW movie that has been so questioned? Other than midichlorians and steam into a ship that I truly do not remember.

There were alot of questions in TFA, there are even more in TLJ. Why so many? I dont want to have to be in the writers head to understand. Cause if people were in my head, they would never understand. His job is to explain what he is thinking. If its so much above my head, I cant imagine the kids trying to understand this. Other than "look at all the cool sci-fi scenes"

Can someone list another SW movie that has been so questioned? Other than midichlorians and steam into a ship that I truly do not remember.

There were alot of questions in TFA, there are even more in TLJ. Why so many? I dont want to have to be in the writers head to understand. Cause if people were in my head, they would never understand. His job is to explain what he is thinking. If its so much above my head, I cant imagine the kids trying to understand this. Other than "look at all the cool sci-fi scenes"

The PT, obviously. I don't even get the steam complaint. It would probably be a life-support/environmental thing. Like a pipe broke.

The problem is that they wrote TFA in preparation for a sequel. So, the unanswered questions. They should have wrote it stand-alone but with a way to do a sequel.

Its hard to know what a writer is thinking when that writer is inside another writers head so to speak.

The more we post, the further away we get from getting our answers. Hilarious.

On a side note, the internet is now buzzing with the belief that the new Rian Johnson trilogy will be cancelled. You heard it here first.

The PT, obviously.

Give me one question.. or concern about the PT

I don't even get the steam complaint. It would probably be a life-support/environmental thing. Like a pipe broke.

The problem is that they wrote TFA in preparation for a sequel. So, the unanswered questions. They should have wrote it stand-alone but with a way to do a sequel.

Thats what I thought. But someone posted that.

The fact that they are trying to spin Luke as a hero that stayed away out of duty and personal responsibility, instead of the fearful old man (I wasn't afraid then, I am now.) that was in the movie, shows us that they understand they made a mistake.
t.

THIS, I don't understand what you are suggesting in this sentence. Im not ignoring you or anyone, I receive notifications. Sometimes I just don't have anything to say or add and move on with my day. Plenty of people don't respond to questions I ask them, I certainly don't take it personally.

Have you seen the Plinkett reviews on youtube?

Every character in the PT makes since in one shape or form. And the PT always, at the root, led up to Palpatine/Vadar/ Obiwan/Yoda/Padme/R2/C3PO/Han/Chewy, then Luke and Leia. The aftermath (that supposed to be the "continuation")of Luke and Leia and Vadar. just seems off.

The PT, obviously. I don't even get the steam complaint. It would probably be a life-support/environmental thing. Like a pipe broke.

Like ANH. But they're in a position GL wasn't with ANH. They knew it would be a trilogy. So I see why they wrote it to have sequels. What I don't get is that they are going for a trilogy and have nothing in preperation. If I would plan a trilogy I would come up with a story. You can add or edit some things in the single movies, but as a whole it should make sense and every movie should tell it's own part of that story. I don't see this in the SQ.

Like ANH. But they're in a position GL wasn't with ANH. They knew it would be a trilogy. So I see why they wrote it to have sequels. What I don't get is that they are going for a trilogy and have nothing in preperation. If I would plan a trilogy I would come up with a story. You can add or edit some things in the single movies, but as a whole it should make sense and every movie should tell it's own part of that story. I don't see this in the SQ.

Like Lord of the Rings? Or The Hobbit, or the Star Treks? That was a planned out "full story", that was divided into 3 or 4.

The prequels and the original trilogy was already in the head, maybe tweaked a bit, but the root was still there.

I just dont see a root here. Im trying to find it.

Any thoughts on the terrible situation Disney finds itself in what will be the worlds largest market presently and moving forward and the possible story lifting situation Bryan?

Any thoughts on the terrible situation Disney finds itself in what will be the worlds largest market presently and moving forward and the possible story lifting situation Bryan?

I haven’t had a chance to read the article. We’re watching the Viking Saints game making dinner. It’s going to take time for SW to gain traction in China. Disney’s other properties also have hit or miss appeal in China. Tough but to crack.

I haven’t had a chance to read the article. We’re watching the Viking Saints game making dinner. It’s going to take time for SW to gain traction in China. Disney’s other properties also have hit or miss appeal in China. Tough but to crack.

Perhaps Solo will crack that nut.;) Thanks for the like on the Summers Eve pitiful comment as well.

It is worth noting the number one and two global box office films of 2017 are Disney properties and 3 of the top 5 in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

And studio revenue isn’t as big a contributor to earnings as some think. All Star Wars films combined? $9B.

Attachments

• 23E1F298-46D8-4048-8C24-C300D045AAC3.jpeg
    23E1F298-46D8-4048-8C24-C300D045AAC3.jpeg
    531.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
It was clever. :)

This is game is getting good!

The only thing clever about it was that it had to come through a back door. It came from someone who is so frustrated at being unable to make a serious contribution that they had to go back on their own word inside a week in the hollow attempt to make it. Speaks volumes.

As far as the game getting good, it will only get better now that all bets and gloves are off.;)

- - - Updated - - -

This article well articulated my thoughts on China and the mindset within Disney.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/201...jedi-becomes-2017s-highest-grossing-film.html

Maybe you can suggest at the next AGM that Romantic Comedies is the way to go in the future.:lol

Last edited:
The only thing clever about it was that it had to come through a back door. It came from someone who is so frustrated at being unable to make a serious contribution that they had to go back on their own word inside a week in the hollow attempt to make it. Speaks volumes.

As far as the game getting good, it will only get better now that all bets and gloves are off.;)

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you can suggest at the next AGM that Romantic Comedies is the way to go in the future.:lol

No the Saints vs. Vikings football game!

Go viking's

My team pulls it out sometimes lol!

Last seconds that was nice great interview !!! anyway stars wars !

Talking bout star wars , they got a bunch of cool stars wars t shirts at king size right now .
Just saying.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back