Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
In TFA, Kylo is in possession of Vaders helmet, which he worships. Rey sees his fear of never being as powerful as Vader. I was hoping Vader would be part of kylo's fall to the dark side. That Han, Leia and Luke kept his heritage a secret. That Snoke came looking for him, knowing he was the grandson. Seduced him then revealed the truth his family kept from him which turned him against them.

In TFA, Kylo is in possession of Vaders helmet, which he worships. Rey sees his fear of never being as powerful as Vader. I was hoping Vader would be part of kylo's fall to the dark side. That Han, Leia and Luke kept his heritage a secret. That Snoke came looking for him, knowing he was the grandson. Seduced him then revealed the truth his family kept from him which turned him against them.

Show me.. grandfather.. and I will finish what you started, because uncle Luke pissed me off and threatened to kill me and now I have family issues.... help me Dr Phill ...your my only hope.

Frank Oz was saying that Irvin Kershner said that logic often takes second place in a story. For example, logic took second place when no one questioned how steam was bursting into the damaged Millennium Falcon from the outside, despite the Falcon being in space at the time...where there is no air. In other words, how can steam vapor come into the Falcon from the outside when the outside has no air in the first place? That's all he was saying (from what I gathered).

Frank Oz was saying that Irvin Kershner said that logic often takes second place in a story. For example, logic took second place when no one questioned how steam was bursting into the damaged Millennium Falcon from the outside, despite the Falcon being in space at the time...where there is no air. That's all.

Doc, I completely understand what Kershner was saying. Im just failing to remember that part, where they were in space and steam was coming into the falcon from the outside.

Frank Oz was saying that Irvin Kershner said that logic often takes second place in a story. For example, logic took second place when no one questioned how steam was bursting into the damaged Millennium Falcon from the outside, despite the Falcon being in space at the time...where there is no air. In other words, how can steam vapor come into the Falcon from the outside when the outside has no air in the first place? That's all he was saying (from what I gathered).
I just assumed that anything like that had more to do with cooling systems, heating systems or the engine itself.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm not sure of the timing, but in the BLOODLINE novel, no one knows that Vader was Leia's father. A political rival found out, made it public, & ruined Leia's career.

I've often wondered if it was kept from Kylo as well. Then he finds out & feels betrayed. For that matter, we know Snoke was a Vader fan, he could've been the one to reveal it in a bid to get the possible power of the Vader bloodline. Much like Palpatine influenced Anakin by telling him all that the Jedi were keeping from him.

Speaking of Disney swallowing some pride, someone very important seems to have done exactly that.....

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2018/01/10/star-wars-the-last-jedi-admiral-ackbar-death-regret/

He`s done it very carefully though, taking the heat for something that is totally owned by Rian Johnson.

Not without precedent. JJ acknowledges it was a mistake to have Leia walk past Chewie in TFA and I bet if you asked Rian this exact question he would regret not being able to include more.

I know these have been generally disregarded but this one is interesting not only for Hamill`s comments but also for Johnson`s initial interruptions and body language.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not without precedent. JJ acknowledges it was a mistake to have Leia walk past Chewie in TFA and I bet if you asked Rian this exact question he would regret not being able to include more.

Not just including more but also removing more as well possibly. Maybe he should have consulted JJ about his regrets a little earlier.

From the story group video, finally a clear shot of the height of First Order impotence:
View attachment 786527

I still can't believe the absolute boredom produced by this script. Why create the biggest ship ever seen in SW if all it's going to do is launch 3 fighters? The story group brags about how they got the cross-sections artist to reflect portions of the movie in the drawings of the Raddus... but with The Supremacy, why bother having a ship with tractor beams and ion cannons in the technical specs if it can't use them? What's the point of having a crew of 2 million and god knows how many fighter squadrons if we don't get to see them in action? Poe can single-handedly disable a Dreadnought but the FO can't send 30, 40, 50 fighters to disable the Raddus? After it's bridge and hanger are destroyed? Preposterous.

Why does this ship have a crew nearly double the Death Star?

26805338_1415612235213794_2874000651631157472_n.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back