Question Ads hijacking my screen

Strikerkc

Sr Member
Anyone else finding it nearly impossible to scroll away from the ad that shows up on the right? even once it's done, I keep getting yanked back up to where it is. Can't pause it, stop it, anything.

I get, maybe a second or two after scrolling, to try and click something before I get ripped back up.

[edit] it's specifically the lady going on about vitamins.

I've been having the same issue the past couple of days. It seems to be getting worse. It is nearly impossible for me to read any of the discussions right now.

plaque psoriasis, Humera ad and the "keep it clean" one with some woman spying on people through hidden cameras in a bathroom are doing it now to.

Both Nature Made and Method have been forcing my screen to remain on the video. Not sure if it's specific ads, but I did notice when it finally changed to a different ad I was able to scroll down for a couple of minutes...then they came back.

EDIT: Add Humira to that list.

Last edited:
Hey Gang! For me it seems to be any ad that comes from Ad Choices that is a video. It jumps back up to the ad every time the video loops. Oddly, even after reporting that the ad blocks content, it still hijacks my scroll back up to the blank space where the ad was!

Hey Art Andrews ! Do we report the specific ads here in threads like this one or is there a specific place you'd like us to do so?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gang! For me it seems to be any ad that comes from Ad Choices that is a video. It jumps back up to the ad every time the video loops. Oddly, even after reporting that the ad blocks content, it still hijacks my scroll back up to the blank space where the ad was!

Hey @Art Andrews ! Do we report the specific ads here in threads like this one or is there a specific place you'd like us to do so?

Here is perfect. I am noticing some of the same things as you guys and am concerned this is actually a larger issue with Google. I have sent in a request... but with google it usually goes into the ether, never to be seen again. Still, working to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks Art Andrews ! The HUMIRA Swimmer Commercial is doing it. Even with the video paused, the audio track continues to run and jump me back up to the ad mid-scroll. When I grab the scroll bar with the cursor and drag it down the slider, the whole page flickers as the page fights violently back and forth between my input on the scroll bar and the ad's input on the page.

I tried selecting a different search engine within Firefox (was Google, now Wikipedia), and switched Shockwave Flash to "Ask to Activate", it seems to have slowed the process down a little, but the ads don't ask for permission and ultimately still play.

I don't mind static ads on sites, I know they help pay the bills, I even click them once in a while figuring it's click-to-pay, but the ones that keep me from making it past them make it impossible to read everyone's posts.

Does anyone have Ad Block Plus ? Or any another ad-blocker to recommend that works against this situation?

Last edited by a moderator:
A day or two ago the Orencia ads in the Star Wars Editing thread were going off non-stop, making it even impossible to scroll past them.

Did you happen to see where those ads were coming from? I'd love to block that ad source so they don't show up as they violate Google policies.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back