Blade Runner - Officer K's Blaster for 3Dprinting (Yet another one, sorry!)

I'm not sure if this is still active, but I suggest either:
1) making the grip one piece with a separate trigger guard that attaches to the grip, or
2) making the lower part of the grip and the upper part of the grip separate pieces that both attach to the trigger guard.
Both options facilitate application of a carbon fiber hydrodip onto the entire grip. Otherwise the trigger guard is in the way.

Hey everyone!

Sorry for the late reply, by the time I finished with the modelling of the blaster was pretty frustrated with the file (slow and heavy) that couldn't work on it straight away. (Even though I tried :D)

Screenshot 2018-02-28 00.46.25.pngScreenshot 2018-02-28 00.48.22.png

Picked up this project again today and now trying to split the model into 3D printable parts.
I should have something by the end of the week to test print.

I'll keep you guys posted!

Last edited:
Good news! looking forward seeing how this comes out. and perhaps giving it a go on my 3D printer if the files are going to be up for grabs :D

Looking good. Definitely the best shaping of the blasters I have seen so far. Front end looks particularly nice and "deco" looking with the correct rounded front edge. Nicely done Sayha.

It's just resin instead of filament, and prints at a higher resolution. Just offering a "crowd sourcing" option if you wanted someone to test print parts in tandem .
More than anything...I'm just damn excited!

Split the weapon in what I thought was a good amount of parts!
Now its just print and see if everything fits and looks ok.

View attachment 799081
I really like the way you have split the receiver up into multiple parts - it should make it easier to get a good finish on all the surfaces and possibly allow it to be disassembled for access to electronics and batteries. I suspect the low head cap screws on the sides of hero prop's receiver (with the solenoid-operated hammer) were functional to allow them to get inside if necessary..

this is the best news of week!
I have an SLA if you need a guinea pig :)

Take this route for sure. SLA will provide a much nicer finish, it will make it a lot closer to your models details. I would think you will loose fidelity in the mesh and other fine detais without it.

Not at this time. For now I just focused on seeing if everything fits and looks the part! :)

Later on I might look into modifying the pieces to accommodate electronics for the LEDs and the actuator we saw in the tested video or i might share the fusion 360 files if someone wants to look into it.

I'd be up for taking a crack at that.
Not at this time. For now I just focused on seeing if everything fits and looks the part! :)

Later on I might look into modifying the pieces to accommodate electronics for the LEDs and the actuator we saw in the tested video or i might share the fusion 360 files if someone wants to look into it.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back