Removing/correcting water slide decal

Jimmer

**Edit: After researching, I think re-applying micro-sol will allow me to completely remove the decal. If it is damaged I have an extra set so shouldn't be a problem.

I am building 3rd set of Bandai R2/R5 kit, and made a stupid error. I got overconfident with waterslides and was doing a batch of them at one time, when I brushed micro-sol onto the long red vertical panels on front of R5's body I brushed on a bit too much and it "puddled-up". (I had them laying flat on a work tray). I meant to "mop up" a bit of the excess micro-sol when finished with last two decals and forgot to (like I said, stupid mistake").

Well, where there was too much micro-sol it caused a small discolored patch on the panels and one panel actually slid about 1mm down the panel.

Luckily, I have a spare sheet of water-slides since I didn't use them on first kit build.

I was planning of applying another layer of future on decal that is in correct position and applying second decal on top of it, and trying to remove the other decal or scrape away the 1mm that slid "down" too far and reapply decal over that one.

Anyone know of any problems I am risking? Would I be better off trying to remove decals, or just bite the bullet and try to weather around the dark spots to make them appear as part of the "wear and tear" on the droid.

Thanks

Last edited:
Got it removed, Too Much Garlic.

By the way, my edit was incorrect, meant to type "apply Micro-set" (not Micro-sol) onto decal to remove it. Just had to keep applying it for about ten minutes and was able to remove the decal. I'm sure the pros here know, but to clarify, this will only work if you have not applied a coat on top of the decal.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back