47 Meters - OK, is anyone actually going to see this?

So apparently this was a straight to DVD release last August under the title 'In the Deep'. They sent out copies to stores and then someone bought the North American rights for theatrical release. Some copies made it out in the wild and its still listed on Amazon, but no current copies available. Reviews actually arent half bad. Its not gonna win any awards, but people said its a fun scary summer movie and the effects are really good.

Spoilers!!!!

Spoilers!!!!!!

If you are still reading, its your fault. Kate gets eaten. The sister has a dream/hallucination after switching tanks where they both make it and live happily ever after. But she wakes up after being rescued to find out her sis is shark bait.

I also dive and had the same WTF after seeing the trailer. I guess its like a DR watching a ER scene on the TV. The DR is all like, 'We dont do that, its all wrong.' But to the average person we just take it as entertainment.

Spoiler review of In the Deep:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQQ4crRBKpY

Last edited:
Watched it on Kodi over a month ago when mom put it on. All I will say it's a one and done kind of movie decent story but kind of slow at points.

Well aren't we all a bunch of critics on a movie we haven't seen! I dare all of you to go see this movie and then report back with a real review of it. I double dog dare you!!

:lol:lol:lol

:confused

Well aren't we all a bunch of critics on a movie we haven't seen! I dare all of you to go see this movie and then report back with a real review of it. I double dog dare you!!

:lol:lol:lol

:confused

I don't need to be in the same room with a turd to know that it doesn't smell like daisies. And my time is WAY more valuable than that, even if someone else is buying the tickets.

Hell, even though it's on HBO right now, which I'm getting for free (as part of a FIOS deal), I still haven't watched Batman v. Superman. I'm curious, but it's gotten such bad reviews and I so disliked Man of Steel that I'm really not sure I want to give up 2.5 hours of my free time just to see if maybe it isn't quite so bad. I was willing to do that with Suicide Squad because (1) I love the concept, and (2) I was actually curious about how it wound up being bad (as in, what went wrong with the film, how the story didn't work, etc.) more from like a storytelling perspective and "how not to do it." With BvS, though, I just...I dunno...it just seems bad enough from what I've heard and seen that I don't know it's really worth my time.

So the notion that Open Water (which I also didn't see) relocated to an totally unrealistic depth would be something I'd chance my time on...yeah, not so much. If a big budget superhero film starring favorite superheroes AND actors I really like won't lure me, this turd definitely won't.

I don't need to be in the same room with a turd to know that it doesn't smell like daisies. And my time is WAY more valuable than that, even if someone else is buying the tickets.

Hell, even though it's on HBO right now, which I'm getting for free (as part of a FIOS deal), I still haven't watched Batman v. Superman. I'm curious, but it's gotten such bad reviews and I so disliked Man of Steel that I'm really not sure I want to give up 2.5 hours of my free time just to see if maybe it isn't quite so bad. I was willing to do that with Suicide Squad because (1) I love the concept, and (2) I was actually curious about how it wound up being bad (as in, what went wrong with the film, how the story didn't work, etc.) more from like a storytelling perspective and "how not to do it." With BvS, though, I just...I dunno...it just seems bad enough from what I've heard and seen that I don't know it's really worth my time.

So the notion that Open Water (which I also didn't see) relocated to an totally unrealistic depth would be something I'd chance my time on...yeah, not so much. If a big budget superhero film starring favorite superheroes AND actors I really like won't lure me, this turd definitely won't.

So your saying your not going to go see it? :lol

I actually enjoyed Suicide Squad and BvS. I'm not so much a big superhero fan as I am a scifi fan. But, for what they were, I enjoyed them. While I can kill 2.5 hours in other ways for far less money (maybe) I'm not disappointed in seeing them, and I'm no worse the wear for it. I no longer have to wonder if they were as bad as others said...

But...yeah...I'll probably skip it too.

It wasn't as dumb as Open Water, about as good as The Shallows, and it'll never be Jaws.

The shark effects were good. I don't know if they used any real shark footage for this movie.

I'm a diver and the dive stuff in this movie went full retard.

Full face mask was obviously a device used simply to maintain dialogue and screaming. Otherwise it would have been a silent film for the most part. I get the need.
Generally you need to be certified on a FFM... it's not just something you can pick up and start using. Not to say people don't do it.

It looked like they were on AL63s (not even AL80s).... they would have sucked those things down ridiculously fast they way they were screaming and panting... not to mention breathing at depth.

I've never done cage diving.... do they really lock you in? Seems kind of dumb, but ok.

Matthew Modine and a sketchy boat captain.... meh, I guess. I've always found him pretty unlikeable.

I need to finish watching this tonight... the last 15 minutes put me to sleep.

it was on cable so I rented it and fast Ford through the first half the movie it was actually kind of funny to realize how ridiculous the science was. Once I kind of got into it there was some really cool scenes with the sharks and it left you thinking about the scary situation just not worth going to see in theaters

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back