Babylon 5 - anyone recognize this fighter?

Sluis Van Shipyards

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was looking through some old magazines and I have a Sci Fi Channel magazine (yeah forgot that was thing) from 1997 or 1998. They had a Babylon 5 behind the scenes article and they were filming one of the episodes with Lorien (forgot the episode title they mentioned). I saw this picture and noticed a couple fighters I don't recognize. At first I thought they were Thunderbolts from an odd angle, but it isn't. They don't look like any of the main alien factions. Anyone know what they are? The fighters have black arrows pointing to them.

b5what.jpg

I'm pretty sure that is a Thunderbolt, just at a weird angle. It looks too close to the others to not be that, in my opinion. It's definitely not an alien ship, either, because that's all an Earth Alliance fleet.

If you know what shot that's from, I can go frame-by-frame and see if I can figure it out.

I would agree with you with the one on the left maybe, but if you look at the one on the right, it definitely looks like it has two trailing "tails". I can't see any angle where a Thunderbolt would look like that with two long tails.

I think I found it. It's the Earthforce gunship that was shown in the GROPOS episode. It says it can also operate in space.

I think I found it. It's the Earthforce gunship that was shown in the GROPOS episode. It says it can also operate in space.

Damn! Good eye! I think you're right.

I didn't find it, someone on a B5 board said that might be it. :lol: I guess this scene is from when Earthforce is trying to retake B5. I totally forgot about those gunships because they only show up (I thought) in that GROPOS episode. Not to mention, I thought they were atmosphere only ships.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back