Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jan 2015
    6 Days Ago  Nov 12, 2017, 8:41 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #1051

Anyone heard of any additional production runs of these water guns ?
    Last edited by MadMaverick; 6 Days Ago at 12:04 AM.
  2. Member Since
    Jan 2015
    6 Days Ago  Nov 13, 2017, 12:00 AM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #1052

RLD9K said: View Post
    I just used a can of black spray paint and used pewter rub n buff for the metalic parts.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

RLD9K, Nice work! I'm following your lead because I like what you've done with yours. I'm curious if you painted the whole gun black and then used the Rub and Buff on top of the black spray paint? My gun is sanded and primed for paint but was curious where to start. Again, nice work. Thanks for sharing those pics!
    6 Days Ago  Nov 13, 2017, 3:30 AM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #1053

MadMaverick said: View Post
    RLD9K, Nice work! I'm following your lead because I like what you've done with yours. I'm curious if you painted the whole gun black and then used the Rub and Buff on top of the black spray paint? My gun is sanded and primed for paint but was curious where to start. Again, nice work. Thanks for sharing those pics!
    Thank you. I gave the whole gun a base coat of black before I used the rub n' buff

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
  4. RPF Premium Member Mechanized2400's Avatar
    From
    Dallas, TX
    5 Days Ago  Nov 13, 2017, 1:41 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #1054

Well, this happened

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7487.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	773096

I kind of didn't like the text. Some bondo and light sanding later, pretty much gone. I did keep the logo on the end.

I think ill also be filling in the 'Made in China". The text doesn't do it for me. I know it's homage to the OG, but I'm just not a fan.
    From
    Brisbane, Australia
    5 Days Ago  Nov 13, 2017, 5:38 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #1055

Mechanized2400 said: View Post
    Well, this happened

Name:	IMG_7487.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	773096

I kind of didn't like the text. Some bondo and light sanding later, pretty much gone. I did keep the logo on the end.

I think ill also be filling in the 'Made in China". The text doesn't do it for me. I know it's homage to the OG, but I'm just not a fan.
    Totally agree.
    I'm hoping someone will sell accurate laser engravings or at least decals so I can replace mine.
  6. RPF Premium Member Mechanized2400's Avatar
    From
    Dallas, TX
    5 Days Ago  Nov 13, 2017, 5:54 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #1056

That'd be cool, I'd def get a decal or somthing for it.
    From
    UK
    5 Days Ago  Nov 14, 2017, 4:32 AM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #1057

Name:	IMG_1882.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	773277

Name:	IMG_1881.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	773274

At last the prep work is done .........now for the paint job
    Last edited by Kylo1; 4 Days Ago at 5:46 AM.
  8. Member Since
    May 2016
    From
    Perth, Western Australia
    4 Days Ago  Nov 14, 2017, 10:22 AM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #1058

@Kylo1 ,

Really nice , clean work there - can hardly make out the seam lines . Would like to know what type / brand of primer you’ve used , and those grips - are they the supplied ones , they seem darker , more dense if you know what I mean ?

Ged
  9. Member Since
    May 2015
    4 Days Ago  Nov 14, 2017, 10:25 AM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #1059

Kylo1 said: View Post

Name:	IMG_1882.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	773277

Name:	IMG_1881.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	773274

At last the prep work is done .........now for the paint job

Looks great even with just the primer.

I wish I had the stones to mod mine.
    From
    UK
    4 Days Ago  Nov 14, 2017, 10:47 AM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #1060

Thanks for the comments guys. I will post more pics as soon as I have done some paintwork. I have also drilled out some of the fake bolts so I can add real ones once painted

- - - Updated - - -

gedmac66 said: View Post
    @Kylo1 ,

Really nice , clean work there - can hardly make out the seam lines . Would like to know what type / brand of primer you’ve used , and those grips - are they the supplied ones , they seem darker , more dense if you know what I mean ?

Ged
    They are the supplied grips but I darkened the inside using a brown Sharpie. I may have to slightly go over it with wire wool to lose a bit of the "lined" effect
  11. Member Since
    May 2016
    From
    Perth, Western Australia
    4 Days Ago  Nov 14, 2017, 11:49 AM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #1061

@Kylo1 , Hope you don’t mind me saying , but I actually like the ‘ lined ‘ effect . I gives the grips a ‘ wood - grain ‘ finished type look .
  12. RPF Premium Member PropReplicator2's Avatar
    From
    Abilene,TX
    4 Days Ago  Nov 14, 2017, 12:29 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #1062

James Kenobi 1138 said: View Post
    I keep coming back to this Thread to torture myself.

I saw these 'cheap-accurate BR water guns' when it was first posted but I failed to buy one immediately. I thought 'Oh, it's a cheap plastic toy made in a factory in China. I'll be able to pick one up anytime".

Then when I remembered/decided to make the purchase, everywhere was sold out and the only way to get one is second-hand through a mark-up for $50+ the original price.

Cool as it is, I can't pay more than $15 for one of these. At the end of the day it's still a cheap, brittle plastic water gun.

I keep checking back hoping these things are going to be like the fidget spinner craze this summer.

You know, where fidget spinners were made and sold and they didn't cost much and you could easily get one anywhere.
    Then suddenly everybody wanted one, they sold out, you could't find them anywhere, and the price went sky-high for the only ones you could find to purchase.
    Before you knew it, everyone was re-stocked on them, nobody wanted them anymore, and now you can get one anywhere/anytime for nothing.

Eventually they have to make these water guns again in bulk, because only a fool would stop making them considering how well they sold. Offering these water guns again is like having a press to print your own money.
    This is exactly my predicament... I still want one but will wait until they make another load, and nobody wants em but us. But then again it's probably gonna end up like the kylo BS helmet where the production didn't last very long before they stopped making them. I'm just going to wait it out for another product run.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk
    4 Days Ago  Nov 14, 2017, 12:38 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #1063

PropReplicator2 said: View Post
    This is exactly my predicament... I still want one but will wait until they make another load, and nobody wants em but us. But then again it's probably gonna end up like the kylo BS helmet where the production didn't last very long before they stopped making them. I'm just going to wait it out for another product run.

They're still about but you have to decide if you want to spend stupid money on one rather than stupid, stupid money.
  14. RPF Premium Member PropReplicator2's Avatar
    From
    Abilene,TX
    4 Days Ago  Nov 14, 2017, 12:40 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #1064

Hovito loincloth said: View Post
    They're still about but you have to decide if you want to spend stupid money on one rather than stupid, stupid money.
    I'd rather just wait it out. If anything, as James said, these water pistols are just cheap plastic that look nice with a few mods... in time I could buy a better replica kit for a bit more than that and put the same amount or less work into it.

4 Days Ago  Nov 14, 2017, 1:02 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #1065

I'm printing mine. Whether or not it turns out well remains to be seen. A lot of sanding filling and painting I see in my future. Was curious about using only silver Rub 'n' Buff for the Mannlicher Receiver part. Any thoughts?
    4 Days Ago  Nov 14, 2017, 6:02 PM - Re: Cheap PKD (Water Gun) #1066

NorthernIndie said: View Post
    I'm printing mine. Whether or not it turns out well remains to be seen. A lot of sanding filling and painting I see in my future. Was curious about using only silver Rub 'n' Buff for the Mannlicher Receiver part. Any thoughts?
    Might be a bit bright and will rub off with handling. Looks great initially tho'.