My First cosplay Help please :)

grase

Hello, i was going to cosplay for the first time soon im 14 and about to be 15 soon and i have always loved good cosplays so i thought why not make 1 my self, so i was going to make shockblade zed its a skin of a champion from league of legends and i have to sites (swedish) and im swedish btw :3 hope to hear from people soon

Hi grase - welcome to the RPF! I don't know anything about the character as I don't play LOL, but looking it up online I found a couple images

zedturn.jpg

Looks like a typical white ninja setup with some cool addons! Luckily, the addons seem like the type of things that will be fairly easy to make in and of themselves!
(I won't explain here, but these bullet points should give you ideas what to search on!)
- For the chestplate, you can use thick EVA foam, like "camping mats"
- For the gauntlets you can go heavy EVA or even Worbla (it's a sheet plastic you can heat and bend/mold, then it hardens when it cools)
- The arm blades and the giant shuriken on his back, you want something stiff but not brittle or sharp (for safety reasons) - you can use a sandwich with a stiff core and more flexible outer material - like heavy cardboard, worbla, or possibly even acrylic/plexi in the middle with craft foam (thin EVA) or something on the top and bottom, extending far enough out past the core that the whole "edge" is just the softer stuff.
- Shoulder ropes can be just regular rope, but it's pretty thick so it might be hard to find/buy, heavy, and tough to work with.

Hope this helps and welcome to the cosplay addiction!

Foam: Träningsmatta at Biltema. Panduro also sometimes have sheets of craft foam that is good for detail work.

Tools: Jula has the basics for cheap. Such as a dremel(slip/gravyrmaskin) and packs of disposable break blade knives.

Glue: Any hot glue gun is fine. Biltema has larger packs of superglue that also comes with a spray hardener.

Good luck!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back