As of last night I have a head to toe completed suit. It is now ready for heat treatment and paint. Here is me talking about it a bit before I continue the project. Enjoy and grab some snacks, this video is 30 min long. Ps: Sorry for turning my face into the mic, my bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
First coat of paint.
IMG_7529.JPG

First off, Bones is by far my favorite looking iron man suit! Don't get me wrong Tony Stark does design some pretty nifty iron man suits, but the black and the gold really do it for me. This whole build and your craftsman ship is simply amazing man, seriously! Is this all EVA Foam, I have to start playing with this stuff for my V2 DOTM MEGATON COSTUME! Please forgive me for getting off topic. Back to this FANTASTIC build, seeing the shoulder blade parts I have to say adding the rivets to the foam so that they move is a genius idea! I shall keep this in mind for Megatron. Paint job looks great! If I had a good amount of money I'd buy this costume from you before you could get to wear it! :D I want it so BADD!!!! Again, excellent job and this is one epic build man.

Last edited:
Just added up some numbers for the project at this stage.
Current number of parts: 649
With more to make for the arms and legs but I don't think I'll break the seven hundred mark.
Total hours invested so far: 267
Even though I haven't been post here since the beginning I actually started this project October 23rd, 2016 after a few week break from NYCC2016.
feels like I will break the three hundred mark on time investment. We'll see.

And thanks to everyone complimenting and checking this thread out, I'm glad you are enjoying my build.

Sorry, haven't post anything in the last few days because I've been prepping the finger parts that I 3D printed for the gloves. I've done 4 or 5 coats of acetone on the ABS prints to smooth them. Doing this by brushing it on because the rice cooker I have for doing acetone vaporizing is too small for all the pieces, I'd only be able to do two fingers at a time and the insides don't really need to be smoothed so brush is working just fine. I should be able to get those painted black today and the first coat of my bronze paint on all the base finger sections. All the other hand parts are ready to go. Pics soon.

Last edited:
Wow, I don't know how I haven't seen this thread earlier! This is absolutely beautiful work and I definitely will be sure to keep checking in on the process! :D

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back