Oblivion Inspired Office Build

Thanks everyone! I spent a lot of time working out the design. I used the movie as my guiding inspiration and made a few changes where it suited the space I had to work with. THe slope of my ceiling played havoc with the set design from the film. This is one of those designs that what is in the room dictates the design of the room. I can appreciate Kosinski and the design team for the work they went through getting the space just right. You can't just take four walls and make stuff fit in the room with a design like this. I think of this more like a spaceship, Everything that is there has a purpose. There is no room for wasted space.

I spent the day sealing edges with caulking and cleaning up a bit to get ready for priming. I'll spend this week laying down plastic and getting supplies. Hopefully, I can start spraying this weekend.

-Eric

This weekend I primed up all the cabinets, doors and trim work. I had to follow up with some more filler and primer as well.

I had some issues getting the spray to lay down properly. I ended up adding a pressure regulator directly to the gun to resolve the issue. Before, all I could do is set the pressure at the tank. My theory was that by the time it ran through the line the pressure was not the same at the gun as by the tank. This way I can set the pressure at 95psi at the tank and then dial it down to 40psi at the gun and keep it that way.

If you could roll the step edges with some 1/4 round that might be a nice touch. Either way awesome work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. The paint store called and my paint is ready. I hope to see color going on this weekend, maybe get some shelves and cabinet insides done during the week.

I am behind on my updates.

I was able to get the cabinets painted this last weekend. The lacquer sprayed great! The regulator at the gun solved all my issues. THe tank is set at 95 psi, but then I dial it down to 38psi at the gun. I still had more overspray than I wanted, but the finish is exactly as I expected. The match to the dark gray grille cloth is spot on.

-Eric

Walls are painted! This was the part I did not look forward to. I just don't like painting walls.

I have been moving in to some of the cabinets cleaning up things that were scattered all over the shop. I had to order some rare earth magnets to hold the TV bezel in place. Those should be coming in pretty soon to get that part done. Then the TV gets installed along with all the electronics. Carpet layer came by and measured everything this morning and hopefully, I can get on the schedule next week.

I can feel the end is near for this phase of construction. Once I get through this, then I'll start working on the desk.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back