Blade Runner Inspired Office Build: Deckard's Apartment

maybe we can machine this? there are some difficulties here of course, but feel free to get in touch if you think I could help out, this is such a cool project :)
Thank you, I would love to talk with you about it!
I assumed cnc setup costs would be more expensive than casting and wouldn't be financially sensible unless I was doing a large run, which I wasn't planning on since I didn't think there would be hardly anyone who would want "Deckard's door handle" hahaha.
I'll be contacting some local foundries to see if there are any options.

Thank you, I would love to talk with you about it!
I assumed cnc setup costs would be more expensive than casting and wouldn't be financially sensible unless I was doing a large run, which I wasn't planning on since I didn't think there would be hardly anyone who would want "Deckard's door handle" hahaha.
I'll be contacting some local foundries to see if there are any options.
My father, years ago, contacted a local funeral shop (tombstones, sculpting, metal work, etc) for a simple job: casting the but of a French pistol.
They did it with a sand mold; the result was tops.

hdtheater sent me a couple of exciting (to me, anyway) pics today! He’s starting construction on the door! We triple confirmed some measurements and off he went!

Cutting the template for the art deco stepped frame
IMG_9018.jpeg
IMG_0393.jpeg

Assembly of the bottom rail
72808084960__5AF3FFDE-40FF-489E-AB4A-AD4081405A77.jpeg
72809346731__F74F5F77-F5BC-4C81-AD8C-F2C2DD3489A5.jpeg

hdtheater sent me a couple of exciting (to me, anyway) pics today! He’s starting construction on the door! We triple confirmed some measurements and off he went!

Cutting the template for the art deco stepped frame
View attachment 1783094View attachment 1783095

Assembly of the bottom rail
View attachment 1783092View attachment 1783093
Good stuff so far(y)(y) Question: are you going to put all of the hardware (door handle + plate/security slot and numbers) outside or inside of your room?

Good stuff so far(y)(y) Question: are you going to put all of the hardware (door handle + plate/security slot and numbers) outside or inside of your room?
Outside. My door stays open most of the time so it’ll be visible. But yeah it really needs to be on the outside :)
IMG_0397.jpeg

There will still be the stepped molding on the inside as well.
1706467580706.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back