oh boy, last minute rushing due to procrastination - lycra suit questions!

mrush

So last year some time I purchased everything for a nice little spidey suit, shortly after that I had some financial stuff yadda yadda. Anyway, procrastination set in and now here we are 2 weeks from Comic Con and I am not ready :x

I'm in the process of getting the shoes that I need (actually buying a few pair to see what I like). Here on TheRPF, I've seen folks talking about how they get their shoes onto the suit and then sew the shoe uppers into the suit itself. I'm a bit confused on this part, every video I watch essentially just shows them removing the shoe upper (cutting it off) and gluing the sole to the bottom of the suit, and placing the insole into the suit. The shoegoo appears to seep through the suit and attach the insoles.

Wouldn't sewing the shoe uppers into the suit make your feet look like the shoe? Does anyone have any video tutorial of using all that extra shoe upper material into the suit? Is just using the sole & insole the wrong way to go about this? I definitely want to make sure I get this right so that it's long lasting (damn things aint cheap!). I was looking at Tom's shoes and some Mens Canvas Slippers on Amazon, sadly the Water Shoes everyone seems to use has been sold out at Wal-Mart for the past 2 months or so. Would you suggest any alternative shoes that might last a bit longer / have better traction? Price isn't really my concern, as I said; I put a lot of money into this, I'm not trying to skimp on the comfort level.

My next question is in regards to the TJack FaceShell -- I haven't actually added any foam padding into it yet (I have some tempurpedic material that I was going to use over the glue spots). When I initially got everything, I decided to throw it on real fast and noticed that the faceshell kept drooping on my face. While it was initially alligned correctly, once I put the mask over my head, the Face Shell slowly started moving down my face. Whats up with this? Will that stop once I have the foam in place so that it rests on my face a bit easier? Is there a solution to this, or is my face just too oddly shapped for the face shell to work?

I appreciate any and all replies :) Thanks folks!

It doesn't look like he actually attaches anything there. I'll try browsing through his videos to see if he has the rest of it. Thanks!

ecd0c399e31ff34d06be47d77172b174.jpg

I bought this from herostime.com with shoes aattached without the faceshell. You can custom request some options during order such as attach boots, separate mask, add zippers, etc

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

I bought this from herostime.com with shoes aattached without the faceshell. You can custom request some options during order such as attach boots, separate mask, add zippers, etc

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

What? I already have my suit and the face shell... My questions were in regards to attaching the soles using the shoe uppers or without the shoe uppers, and why my already purchased face shell droops on my face.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back