Battle starship

Now, that is one comfy set up:thumbsup

Thank you very much!! MooCriket-san.

Don't fall asleep while playing!

Thanks! blakeh1-san

In fact, I often fall asleep during the flight game.
"Pull up" warning wakes me up.

Katsu-san, the "Yummy Food with Yuumi" is a great idea! Don't dismiss it out of hand....

And it's not that we want to be you, we just want to have your skills, your imagination and creativity, a family as nice as yours, as beautiful an area to live in... OK, I guess we do want to be you... :lol

Thank you very much, Tom-san!!
And thanks to the precious friendship and great support by the fine people here.

Here's a work of yesterday. Huum..... When can I get back to my model.

My daughter #1 has a dress making room on the 2nd floor above my bedroom.
There she works on her sewing machine all the day. Sometimes till dawn.
She made many classic ballet costumes and lease them over internet.
Though gradually, her business is showing achievements.

She has her own trade mark "Yuki Wardrobe".
So I made her a signboard and put it on the stairway to her workshop.

It's the little signboard but took 6 hours.
She looks so happy on this sudden present from me.

Thanks for looking.

Thank you very much!! MooCriket-san.

Thanks! blakeh1-san

In fact, I often fall asleep during the flight game.
"Pull up" warning wakes me up.

Thank you very much, Tom-san!!
And thanks to the precious friendship and great support by the fine people here.

Here's a work of yesterday. Huum..... When can I get back to my model.

My daughter #1 has a dress making room on the 2nd floor above my bedroom.
There she works on her sewing machine all the day. Sometimes till dawn.
She made many classic ballet costumes and lease them over internet.
Though gradually, her business is showing achievements.

She has her own trade mark "Yuki Wardrobe".
So I made her a signboard and put it on the stairway to her workshop.

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss134/yuumi2891103/IMG_20170505_093632_zpsa82cp8ku.jpg

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss134/yuumi2891103/IMG_20170505_093650_zpsap9opqrp.jpg

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss134/yuumi2891103/IMG_20170505_093332_zpseoxjnwry.jpg

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/ss134/yuumi2891103/IMG_20170505_093321_zpsax3ulasj.jpg

It's the little signboard but took 6 hours.
She looks so happy on this sudden present from me.

Thanks for looking.
That is so cool
very clever man indeed

Thank you very much for your kind comment, my friends.

Today, I was able to have a few hours on the workbench.
Here a few progress but just an warming up.

The detailing around the thruster.

From the end of April to the end of the first week of May.
The people in this busy nation are allowed to take several days of holiday. We call it a Golden Week.:D (Only A week)

Yesterday, we had a little trip to Tochigi-Pref to see the flowers.

No matter how good the inter net shows us the scenery of the world, this place is the one you should actually come and see in person.

The place is called 'Ashikaga Flower Park". About a hundred miles north of Tokyo.
The huge trees of wisteria are making this place world famous.
U.S CNN picked this place as one of the top ten place in the world you should visit. (i hope it's really so)

That was astounding view. One single tree has a thousand of flowers.
The ceiling of flower about 1000 square yards.

That is miracle.

My wife has desired to come to this place so badly ever since she new this place several years ago. Now her wish came true.

Unfortunately, we couldn't be there until the light up time at night.
It would be like this.

That was really a breath taking.

That was a wonderful day at the end of the Golden Week.

Please check google pics with " Ashikaga Flower Park "

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
This is really nice work man. You are playing to the strengths of the metal and fully taking advantage of it's draw backs like a true professional, all the while pulling off some nice moves. Top notch and so much fun to watch. Thanks heaps for sharing and please keep it up. Those thrusters are fantastic. I'm on the edge of my seat wait to see what you do next. This is excatally why I love coming here. You Sir are a credit to the RPF :cheers

That thruster looks like you could actually fire it up! The metal surfaces really add another dimension of beauty to this build.

Ashikaga Flower Park is going on my bucket list of places to visit someday, along with the amazing Kanazawa city which you talked about a few weeks ago.

Totally fantastic build you raise the bar every time you post new pics, I love watching you build
beautiful pictures of the park I would love to see it in real life

This is really nice work man. You are playing to the strengths of the metal and fully taking advantage of it's draw backs like a true professional, all the while pulling off some nice moves. Top notch and so much fun to watch. Thanks heaps for sharing and please keep it up. Those thrusters are fantastic. I'm on the edge of my seat wait to see what you do next. This is excatally why I love coming here. You Sir are a credit to the RPF :cheers

Thank you very much for the kind comment, Chaank-san.

Of course I love building the model and it's a very happy and joyful time for me. But one of the best moment is to hear someone's word like you gave me and to know that I could move somebody a bit.

Again, thank you very much.

Katsuhiko Fujihira

That thruster looks like you could actually fire it up! The metal surfaces really add another dimension of beauty to this build.

Ashikaga Flower Park is going on my bucket list of places to visit someday, along with the amazing Kanazawa city which you talked about a few weeks ago.

Thanks for the commet for my build and I'm so happy to hear that you like that park, Dem Bones-san.

In fact, My last name Fujihira means a plain of wisteria. 藤( Fuji- wisteria) 平( Hira - plain) :D

I wish you have your chance to come on soon.

The level of detail in the thruster is amazing. I still am not at the level yet. I must keep practicing. Well done!

Thanks for the comment, WorksByaHurst-san.
Me too still struggling all the time.
Let's keep keep it up.

Fantastic work on the thruster, and thank you for the beautiful pictures of the park!

Thank you very much for your comment. MooCriket-san. I'm so sorry but those pics can show you only 1/10th of what I really saw but I'm happy to hear that!

Totally fantastic build you raise the bar every time you post new pics, I love watching you build
beautiful pictures of the park I would love to see it in real life

Thank you very much,Bengrim09-san.
When you come to Japan, you can use my house as a front operation base.:thumbsup

I continued to detail up the thruster.

Sorry about the very small progress again.
It's a very time consuming part.

OK! another Bento boxes.:lol

Yesterday's

Sushi wrapped seaweed with vinegared rice with boiled spinach and sweet fried beef with eggs and shredded and pickled ginger.
She said it was so delicious.

And this morning,
Hamburger steak with pineapple and hot vegetables and green peas cooked rice.
I hope she enjoy it.

Tomorrow will be a submarine sandwich.... maybe.:rolleyes:lol

Thanks for looking!!

katsu

Your thrusters are coming along nicely, love your details, incredible work and incredible food.
submarine sandwich !! ?

Great updates my friend ! The food looks delicious ! Family as beautiful as ever....good luck to your daughter with her ambitions ! By your description, she seems as driven and as creative as you are.

Now, to the thrusters....they kind of look like the blooming flowers. :thumbsup

Amazing as always and fun to watch. I feel as if I truly know a lot of the good people here on the RPF, although we've never met.

Your thrusters are coming along nicely, love your details, incredible work and incredible food.
submarine sandwich !! ?

Thank you very much! Bengrim09-san.
This morning I made a Chinese fried noodle on her request.

Great updates my friend ! The food looks delicious ! Family as beautiful as ever....good luck to your daughter with her ambitions ! By your description, she seems as driven and as creative as you are.

Now, to the thrusters....they kind of look like the blooming flowers. :thumbsup

Amazing as always and fun to watch. I feel as if I truly know a lot of the good people here on the RPF, although we've never met.

Thank you very much, Pcoz-san.

Although, we might be unable to see each other in person, but....you gave me a good inspiration!!

I have been thinking about the design of the 8 smaller thrusters.
The comment you gave me ' like the blooming flowers ' gave me some idea this morning and I tried.

Here's an update.

This is the drill bit for the wood craft.
Shape it up with a grinder.

And made a half sphere hole on a wooden plate (that's an old kitchen cutting board)

Cutting a 0.5mm aluminum sheet.

The red cross on the parts is marked with magic marker pen. It's going to be a reference for the right temperature.

Then I heat it up with a handy propane burner.

Heat it up for several seconds and the marker will disappear. That shows the aluminum sheet has been heated up to the appropriate temperature and softened.
Unless you use the marker, the sheet will be burnt off to the ashes soon.

The red marking was completely disappeared.

Here comes the cutting board.

Using these simple tools.

OK, looking good.

Drill a hole for the LED.

Here it is.

Pcoz-san, you are truly the one of a good person here on RPF!

Here's my daughter's product hands off and came out from her room this morning. It took whole 2 weeks.
If you like it, please encourage her.
She will be happy to hear your comment.
Because she loves the gentlemen here in RPF like me.

Thank you very much for looking.

katsu

Last edited:
Katsu-San the idea for the ( flower thrusters ) and LEDs are fantastic you have a very clever mind

Your daughters dress is absolutely stunning so intricate and delicate, she takes after her father good with her hands and an inventive mind, very well done, you and your wife must be very proud of her
For a bit of family fun ( he he ) you need to swap jobs for a day you make a dress and she definitely needs to have a go at model building, both of you building would produce mind blowing results

Katsu-San the idea for the ( flower thrusters ) and LEDs are fantastic you have a very clever mind

Your daughters dress is absolutely stunning so intricate and delicate, she takes after her father good with her hands and an inventive mind, very well done, you and your wife must be very proud of her
For a bit of family fun ( he he ) you need to swap jobs for a day you make a dress and she definitely needs to have a go at model building, both of you building would produce mind blowing results

Thank you very much, Bengrim09-san,

I passed your comment to her. looks like her long hard work has been rewarded by your kind words.

>>you need to swap jobs for a day you make a dress and she definitely needs to have a go at model building,

She can take my place but I.... never!!:wacko:lol

Thanks.

Katsu.

Thank you very much, Bengrim09-san,

I passed your comment to her. looks like her long hard work has been rewarded by your kind words.

>>you need to swap jobs for a day you make a dress and she definitely needs to have a go at model building,

She can take my place but I.... never!!:wacko:lol

Thanks.

Katsu.
she should be proud of herself, fantastic work
YOU both together should make a METAL TWIKI from buck Roger's with your skills combined it would be easy :lol
IMG_0390.PNG

Last edited:
Thank you for the kind words...but it was your photos of the flowering trees that mirrored the thrusters and reminded of "blooms"

Anyway, I absolutely love the new smaller thrusters and the curved look. Your "simple tools" approach and metal working are cool to watch. I've never tried it before..... The other nice development is that once you start adding the smaller details....piping, thrusters, lights, scribes, etc...the entire project will start to come together and start to lose the basic appearance.That's the exciting part, when the details start to take shape and finalize your vision of the project. The DETAILS ! It's always in the DETAILS !

As for your daughter, well, UNBELIEVABLE ! I can't even begin to think about the time and dedication to detail that she invests in her work ! It looks like it should be worn on a movie set or on display at a museum. If I ever wore a dress....it it have to be THAT ONE ! :lol

Looking forward to your next update !

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back