Spider-Man 1/6 damaged restaurant battle area diorama.

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
First, a BIG thank you to Katsu-San for giving me encouragement along the way. Many messages back and forth with him along this build.

I didn’t take pictures of everything in this build, but hopefully it will have been enough.

This is for my Hot Toys Spider-Men figures. So far I have my Tom Holland and Andrew Garfield figures. The Toby Maguire has not come in yet.

I‘m using pink foam as the ground base and wood for the building walls.

I got a bunch of miniature bricks from TEMU and started to build the walls with them.

IMG_3991.jpeg

I used spackle as mortar for them. It also helped to age them a bit. Apply it and wipe off the extra with a wet towel.

IMG_4074.png
IMG_4079.png
IMG_4080.png

I then began work on a neon sign. Using LED filaments. Pre-drilled holes and wires to hold them in place.

IMG_7115.jpeg

IMG_7116.jpeg

Last edited:
Moving on to the base. Using a 1/6 scale, an average sidewalk is 6 feet wide, so this would be 1 foot wide. No street for this diorama. All the action takes place on the sidewalk.

IMG_4160.jpeg

I wanted a neon sign for the building. NY Pizza. Got the letters and flexible LEDs from AliExpress.

IMG_4161.jpeg

Test fit for the guys.

IMG_4163.jpeg

Took a sheet of plastic and cut and scored it to ‘break’ it. Broken door.

IMG_4162.jpeg

Time to start detailing the street. I decided that the building was too far over, so I cut it out and moved it. I used more spackle to fill in the cut and put some texture on the sidewalk. I also cut a chunk out of the sidewalk and added a nice crack in the sidewalk.

IMG_4445.jpeg

Painted it with a series of washes to get the NY sidewalk look.

IMG_4449.jpeg

Next up, add some weeds and dirt into the crack with terrain foliage and dirt. I also added some broken glass from the entry door and some left over bricks from the damaged sign.

IMG_4454.jpeg

A bit more detail.

IMG_4450.jpeg

I got a NY fire hydrant from a seller in Korea. I like the style quite a lot, so I waited the 4 weeks for it to get here.

IMG_4453.jpeg

Here we are with some more of the neon sign. I put some wire on the right side to look like it was damaged and burnt out.

I added the left side of the building with bass wood. And left one wall natural and the other with a black wash. I made the building light with plastic tube and a glass dome that I got years ago from a glass blowing demonstration at the Renaissance Fair. I knew that I’d use it for something eventually.

IMG_4457.jpeg

It’s all about the details. The garbage can was a bit too small for the scale, so I made a base for it. I then made a bag of trash for it.

I then made a pizza box template as well as a Chinese takeout box for some street litter.

Easter egg, The Avengers are having shawarma in the background.

IMG_4501.png
IMG_4497.jpeg

IMG_4498.jpeg

IMG_4500.jpeg

I’m also using the first Amazing Spider-Man from Hot Toys as at least one of them needs to have his mask on.

I sent an ‘almost complete’ picture to Katsu-San, and he asked why I didn’t have one of the Spider-Men hanging upside down?

I would not have thought of that.

I added some rust at the base of the fire hydrant.

IMG_4482.jpeg

So, I got out some more flower wire and coated it with hot glue to make a web. I then hung him on it and wrapped the wire to a screw under the shelf frame.

IMG_4499.jpeg

IMG_4503.jpeg

A close up of some trash.

IMG_4505.jpeg

IMG_4504.jpeg

And here we are waiting for Toby. He’ll be front and center when he arrives.

IMG_4503.jpeg

image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4483.jpeg
    IMG_4483.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Good dio...I don't know if it's finished yet, but some details are missing in terms of wear and tear/real life details:
Fire hydrant looks good but for one thing: dogs are using it and it should show on it and the concrete sidewalk around it.
Graffiti are missing from the facade and other standing structures.
Pizza boxes are too clean (specially inside), as well as the news papers.
Trash can is too clean, as well as the concrete under it. People have a tendency to put the trash on the same spot and some food scrap/stains should be near that spot.
All in all a good effort;) (y) (y)

Good dio...I don't know if it's finished yet, but some details are missing in terms of wear and tear/real life details:
Fire hydrant looks good but for one thing: dogs are using it and it should show on it and the concrete sidewalk around it.
Graffiti are missing from the facade and other standing structures.
Pizza boxes are too clean (specially inside), as well as the news papers.
Trash can is too clean, as well as the concrete under it. People have a tendency to put the trash on the same spot and some food scrap/stains should be near that spot.
All in all a good effort;) (y) (y)
Thaddeus-san, joberg-san is suggesting that there are so many more factors that you can pour your technique into and enjoy this build.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back