Walking Dead - Daryl Dixon's New Bike Replica Build

Thanks! Very useful site, takes the guesswork out completely. Your bike runs beautifully, and sounds great!

Those Classified Moto filters look fantastic. Too bad they're so expensive.. :(

You may want to try contacting Seth over at Sleeper Designs, he is the one that makes them for Classified. I got mine directly from him for $100 less than Classified sells them, shipping included. You can reach him at http://www.sleeperdesigns.net/Contact.html

I borrowed the mrs sewing machine and posted in an earlier post what I made. I just roughly measured the triangular hole in the battery compartment and made a card template. The brown canvass section at the back was made first from scratch using the template, then I pop riveted the outer bags to it. They came from eBay. search for army pouch or these are ex Russian military ammo pouches. Come with the nice leather straps already on them.

Guys just a tip. Progressive doesn't produce the shocks in that colour anymore. Yes. NO MORE TITANIUMROSEGOLDWHATCHAMACALLIT. i ordered mine off ebay and it came in all black even though the main picture in the listing was the original titanium one. If you do find one lying around, hold on to it!

Hey everybody,

thank you for sharing all your tips about your incredible work on your bikes!
I began my project for about 1 month. I received my tank the last week, shipped from pensylvania (I'm french) and my frame is now cut...
I can beguin welding job now ! :)
20170823_175647.jpg
20170824_094207.jpg
20170826_140834.jpg
s-l500 (2).jpg
20170926_113738.jpg
20170926_142835.jpg
20170926_145910.jpg
IMG-20170909-WA0001.jpeg

I will probably have a lot of questions for all of you :)

nstevic01, did you finish your bags?

Seany1973 I talked to you on Youtube and I e-mailed you, did you received it?

Last edited:
@nstevic01 i didn't! i ordered it too late and it came all black.

Oh damn...I must have misread that. eBay should let you take care of that since it wasn't as described in the listing, they almost always side with the purchaser. I would contact the seller first to give them the chance to make it right and if they don't play ball, begin the eBay claims process.

nstevic01, did you finish your bags?

I have yet to begin actually. The seat and the bags and the exhaust caps are all that's left really. October is a REALLY busy month for us, November and December aren't any better but I may be able to start working on it again soon. The color canvas to use for the bags is kind of hard to nail down since it looks like a different color in every picture I see it in. I did however, manage to get some good screen grabs of it and found out that it is actually 2 separate bags that have a piece of material sewn over the top of both to connect them. There is also a strap that is attached to it that makes it an over the shoulder style bag.

bag9.png

bag6.png

bag7.png

bag8.png

bag5.png

Bag1.png

bag3.png

bag4.png

Bag2.png

Yes sometimes it's difficult to find enough time to work, it's the same for me... For the bags, it's so weird, it looks like they are made of mesh with some grease patina on them... or something like wax... maybe in order to stop the rain. It doesn't look like leather on pics... Classified told you they are made of leather you said me on YouTube so...

I actually thought you were talking about the seat in that post. Must have misread it. The bags are made from waxed canvas and the seat is made from leather.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Ah ok! I was talking about the bags, but with my bad english it has been hard to understand :)

OK waxed canvas is exactly what I was thinking about when I saw the bags for the first time... It will be hard to find the exact tint/color...

I cleaned the first petcock with gasoline and a metal brush. I don't know why, but I decided to clean the second one with hydrochloric acid, I let it 24h in the mixture and it complety destroyed the metal, the petcock is dead...
So, could the bike run with only one petcock?
20171006_145042.jpg
20171006_150004.jpg

Last edited:
So, could the bike run with only one petcock?

You can. I run mine with only the left side petcock open. As long as the damaged one does not leak at all, you can just leave it in the Off position. Just be sure to always turn off the other petcock when you park it, otherwise it will leak fuel.

Hi mars0uille yes I got your message. I replied and asked for your email so I could send you some pictures. About the petcock. Mine will run on one but doesnt give enough fuel when at high revs. I have two on feeding the carbs through a reducing T connector. Big word of advice ALWAYS TURN PETCOCK OFF WHEN YOU STOP! Reminder to self lol. The original bike is vacuum fed but the new taps are not so will always drain fuel. Also a tip on using the acid. Use a 50/50 solution and only ever have it in contact with metal for about 5-10 mins max.

Hi seany, ok thank you for these advices, I will keep in mind to always turn off the petcock when I park the bike :)
Ok for the acid, thank you, it was the first time I used it...
Yes you asked me on YouTube my e-mail, however I sent you an e-mail at the address you let me on one of your vidz. Did you received it?
As your build, I will keep the donor front end because of the price of the R6 one... so it will be very helpfull to me to know how you fix the metal grill, the mudguard, etc...

See you !

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back